Forces pay rise.

News and discussion threads concerning defence personnel and their units.
Lord Jim
United Kingdom

Forces pay rise.

Post by Lord Jim »

According to Forces TV, the Armed Forces are finally getting an inflation beating pay rise, specifically aimed at junior ranks and junior officers. The issue is that there is n new money and the increase manpower costs have to the paid out of the existing budget. No figures were given as to how much this pay rise will actually cost though.

downsizer

Re: Forces pay rise.

Post by downsizer »

I don't call 2.9% inflation busting at all.

topman
Tokelau

Post by topman »

Lord Jim wrote:According to Forces TV, the Armed Forces are finally getting an inflation beating pay rise, specifically aimed at junior ranks and junior officers. The issue is that there is n new money and the increase manpower costs have to the paid out of the existing budget. No figures were given as to how much this pay rise will actually cost though.
If you look at the arprb 19 report it will tell you how much the extra pay and allowences will cost. I think it was something like 300m.

Although this is more than was budgeted for manpower numbers are lower than expected, pretty much, cancelling each other out.

Interestingly the report said that the UK spends one of the lowest % of its defence budget on personnel in nato.

Little J
United Kingdom

Post by Little J »

downsizer wrote:I don't call 2.9% inflation busting at all.
Beat's the 2.5% I've been offered

clivestonehouse1
United Kingdom

Post by clivestonehouse1 »

Little J wrote:
downsizer wrote:I don't call 2.9% inflation busting at all.
Beat's the 2.5% I've been offered
Beats the 1% I got.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk