Bust up at the Mansion House

For discussions on politics and current events.
Lord Jim
United Kingdom

Bust up at the Mansion House

Post by Lord Jim »

What happened last night at the Mansion House beggars belief in so many ways.

First where was the security, both those employed by the Mansion House and the Metropolitan Police Close Protection Officer(s) assigns to the Chancellor? If that is the level of security afforded to Senior Government Ministers then all an extremist group has to do in future is dress up as Green Peace/Climate Change protestors and they can get well within the lethal range of even a small suicide bomb with being challenged.

Second, how else was the MP supposed to hold the so called Lady in question? Grab her dress, imagine the headline if that had been pulled or torn? As far as I am concerned there should have been a CPO near the Chancellor who should have tasered the silly woman. What would have happened if the Protestor had been a man and a female MP had physically tried to stop then eject his from the room?

Thirdly, none of the protestors has been charged for any offence. Why is it these days that protestors are allowed to close airports, bring city centres to a standstill and disrupt private function and seem to be above the law. Even if they do get on rare occasions arrested, they rarely get anything other than a slap on the wrist. Yet the MP in question has been suspended with calls for him to be charged with assault!

Finally, why are they protesting against the British Government. We are the only Country to have a goal of net zero carbon emissions by 2050 enshrined in law. IF they want to save the planet they need to go to China, the Indian sub-continent or Africa, who produce more emissions than anyone else by quite a margin. But if they protested in China they would be jailed almost certainly after a very one sided trial and the conditions in their prisons would come as a severe shock to the Protestors, used to their home comforts and Wi-Fi. And why Oh why was the protestor given air time as if she was a totally innocent party and the victim of the actions of an MP who was a nasty out of control male!

All of the above shows how broken our society has become. Where were the Riot Police during the recent protests in London and other cities? Is it now lawful to obstruct a public highway or trespass private property? If so I am going to park my car across both lanes of the A1(M) with a banner saying "Save the Royal Navy" and see how long it takes the Police to turn up and arrest me. Bloody double standards! :evil: :thumbdown: :!: :?:

Cooper
Korea North

Re: Bust up at the Mansion House

Post by Cooper »

Go woke...go broke.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Firstly, Mansion House is not generally open to the public. It is the official residence of the Lord Mayor of the CITY OF LONDON, not Greater London.

It was a private function. The protestor had no invitation to Mansion House and was trespassing. The alleged "assault" was the minister removing the protester in a kind of citizens arrest. What if she were carrying a weapon and nobody had stopped her? Or can't women commit attacks because they're women? (Surely that would be sexism?!)

Anyway, he'll get off, he's a qualified solicitor. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Field and no doubt a Freemason, as he's MP for the Cities of London and Westminster.

Rest of room:

Scimitar54
United Kingdom

Post by Scimitar54 »

They "protesters" should feel very lucky that none of them were actually.shot. One was carrying a very sizeable and suspicious looking bag/box/package. My view is that the (suspended) minister should receive an appropriate gong.
Far worse happened to "proper" suffragettes.
There is only one real solution to our Climate Change problems and of course, it will not be popular at all. The answer is "Less People". Anything else may delay things, but it is just kicking the can down the road.

Pseudo
Tuvalu

Post by Pseudo »

Good job he only grabbed her by the throat and didn't do anything really bad like throwing a milkshake over her, eh boys?

cky7
United Kingdom

Post by cky7 »

Lol, when I read the thread title I thought the topic was Boris johnson’s Domestic! Can’t believe anyone could mess up at such an inconvenient time. Guess at least it’s not a dead cert he will be next PM now. At least Barcelona and Ajax can now condole themselves that at least they didn’t throw away a lead as bad as someone else this year!

Lord Jim
United Kingdom

Post by Lord Jim »

If the events yesterday where he neighbour phones the Police because he or she heard a loud argument has any influence on the Tory leadership contest then UK politics is truly broken and we can all call ourselves "Snowflakes"!!!

Pseudo
Tuvalu

Post by Pseudo »

Lord Jim wrote:If the events yesterday where he neighbour phones the Police because he or she heard a loud argument has any influence on the Tory leadership contest then UK politics is truly broken and we can all call ourselves "Snowflakes"!!!
I definitely know who's the "snowflake" here.

Dave
United Kingdom

Post by Dave »

Lord Jim wrote:If the events yesterday where he neighbour phones the Police because he or she heard a loud argument has any influence on the Tory leadership contest then UK politics is truly broken and we can all call ourselves "Snowflakes"!!!
You reckon only snowflakes are bothered by possible domestic violence?

cky7
United Kingdom

Post by cky7 »

Pseudo wrote:I definitely know who's the "snowflake" here.
If that’s directed at me then lol cos anyone who knows me will tell you I’m about as far from snowflake politics as one can get. I don’t personally give a fuck about johnson’s Private life and having read this morning’s times I’m feeling pretty dubious about the vile couple who reported and recorded him. Having said that though having a domestic like that at this time is pretty stupid and boris’ temper tantrum and spiteful temper do worry me a bit for someone going for a role I believe requires someone not so hot headed. I’m saying that as someone known for being too hot headed and flying off the handle only to regret it the next day.

Pseudo
Tuvalu

Post by Pseudo »

cky7 wrote:
Pseudo wrote:I definitely know who's the "snowflake" here.
If that’s directed at me
It wasn't and I think that it fairly obviously wasn't, but I tend to think that if you feel that you need to make the point that...
then lol cos anyone who knows me will tell you I’m about as far from snowflake politics as one can get.
Then you probably aren't as far away from "snowflake politics" as you'd like everyone to think.

Caribbean
United Kingdom

Post by Caribbean »

Pseudo, please stop trolling
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill

cky7
United Kingdom

Post by cky7 »

Pseudo wrote:It wasn't and I think that it fairly obviously wasn't, .
Ok, guess I got the wrong end of the stick. The rest I can’t be bothered with ;)

Lord Jim
United Kingdom

Post by Lord Jim »

Dave wrote:You reckon only snowflakes are bothered by possible domestic violence?
There is a huge difference between an argument between a couple when one spill a glass of wine on the furniture and a case of domestic violence. If we are classing raising ones voice to someone in the latter category then the Snowflake generation has taken over, Mind you I am pretty sure it would be Boris who ended up on the receiving end if things went beyond words and his Girlfriend is known for having a very fiery temper. If he had been seen the next day with a black eye would the media have reacted the same? And the Couple who recorded the argument should be prosecuted themselves for making records of someone with out their permission or any legal document saying they were authorised to do so. We hang the Security Services for doing such things but it is Ok for Private Citizens to do the same because of who was recorded. Please can we bring back common sense back into everyday life, and make social media accountable for what is posted to the same extent as the traditional media, no more no less.