Exercise Saif Sareea 3 (Swift Sword)

Discuss current, historical or potential future deployments, as well the defence of the UK's overseas interests.
benny14
United Kingdom

Re: Exercise Saif Sareea 3 (Swift Sword)

Post by benny14 »

ArmChairCivvy wrote:nice photos.

7 MBTs, a command tent, a workshop trent, a recovery (modified) MBT... unit of deployment in dispersed ops?
- or just a nice lay-out for a photo opp?
Squadron HQ (One CR2, Spartan and MANN under nets), Two Troops (Four CR2 each) and the LAD section (CRARRV, FV512 Repair/FV513 Recovery and two FV432 APC at rear)

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

(Forces TV) 5 Nov 2018
Royal Marines have been practising an amphibious assault as part of Exercise Saif Sareea 3 in Oman. More than 5,000 personnel from all three of Britain’s armed services are working alongside 60,000 Omanis during the exercise.

(Forces TV) 6 Nov 2018
Personnel from the Royal Tank Regiment have been testing their skills in the Omani desert, as part of Exercise Saif Sareea 3. The exercise has been years in the planning and is the UK's biggest military exercise for almost 20 years.

The Armchair Soldier
Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by The Armchair Soldier »

Stumbled upon this video and thought it was worth sharing. It's the best compilation of footage from the exercise I've seen:

bobp
United Kingdom

Post by bobp »

The Armchair Soldier wrote:Stumbled upon this video
I can see why you posted it contains a bit of everything. Its going to take a bit of cleaning to get the desert dust out of those vehicles. I notice a few land rovers including a ambulance, have they got a replacement for these in the pipeline.