Attack on UK Parliament

For discussions on politics and current events.
R686
Australia

Attack on UK Parliament

Post by R686 »

Just woke up to the Terribile news in London,RIP to the fallen and my personal condolences to the families caught up in the madness.

SKB
England

Re: Attack on UK Parliment

Post by SKB »

London attack: Five dead in Westminster terror incident

At around 14:40 GMT on 22nd March 2017, an individual drove a grey Hyundai vehicle on Westminster Bridge into pedestrians (including three police officers), causing multiple casualties. One of the casualties, a woman, either jumped or fell over the railings on the side of the bridge into the River Thames below, sustaining severe injuries from the fall. The vehicle continued on and crashed into railings outside the Houses of Parliament. The individual, a man wearing black clothes, exited the vehicle and entered the grounds of the nearby New Palace Yard, where he stabbed Keith Palmer, an unarmed police officer, with a knife. After warning the attacker, two armed police officers shot the man four times; despite attempts to resuscitate him, he died of his injuries at the scene.

It was the first major attack to occur in London since the 7th July 2005 London bombings

BBC: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39359158

marktigger
United Kingdom

Post by marktigger »

excellent piece

Little J
United Kingdom

Post by Little J »

Very well said.

Thanks for sharing, not someone I'd usually watch.

FuNsTeR

Post by FuNsTeR »

to think the clown was a convert to islam, they are the worst kind

cky7
United Kingdom

Post by cky7 »

Loved this one. We really need to start fighting back against liberals and lefties who are risking flushing our nation. I worry if we really always will be the same people who 'beat the Luftwaffe' if this ridiculous terror of being constantly PC isn't overcome. Those not loyal to the uk and not anglofying should leave IMO.

marktigger
United Kingdom

Post by marktigger »

Growing up in Northern Ireland through the troubles I heard similar types of comments that are being made about muslims being made about CATHOLICS!
Blaming a whole group for the actions of psychopaths is doing no one any favours.

given you all (Christians/Jews/Muslims) all worship the same god and use religious values to justify their actions the Abrahamic in fighting looks so stupid!

cky7
United Kingdom

Post by cky7 »

Don't think anyone other than a rather voiceless minority are saying it's all Muslims. The video certainly doesn't. The problem is being over careful around them and allowing them to play the race card and have everyone back off immediately. If you take the quoted young French Muslims survey mentioned in the video then the 2/3 who have no sympathy for terrorism and want to become part of the country they've moved to and be loyal to it are fine in my book. The 1/3 who do though should be dealt with and removed. (I know that's only one survey which I hope is vastly inflated figures but was just using it as an example).

I've also no time for those blaming these vile idiots actions on this or that. Sorry but there is no excuse for this sort gutless terrorism (the same as there wasn't for the IRA's even more cowardly campaign). If th wanted to take their grievances up lawfully and in a a civilised manner I'd be willing to listen and try to help but will have enough tolerance use of violence.

If they wanted to live the way these lot do they should go to a country where that culture is in place or if X nation is so great and us so bad then please leave the uk. Problem solved!

marktigger
United Kingdom

Post by marktigger »

cky7 wrote:Don't think anyone other than a rather voiceless minority are saying it's all Muslims. The video certainly doesn't. The problem is being over careful around them and allowing them to play the race card and have everyone back off immediately. If you take the quoted young French Muslims survey mentioned in the video then the 2/3 who have no sympathy for terrorism and want to become part of the country they've moved to and be loyal to it are fine in my book. The 1/3 who do though should be dealt with and removed. (I know that's only one survey which I hope is vastly inflated figures but was just using it as an example).

I've also no time for those blaming these vile idiots actions on this or that. Sorry but there is no excuse for this sort gutless terrorism (the same as there wasn't for the IRA's even more cowardly campaign). If th wanted to take their grievances up lawfully and in a a civilised manner I'd be willing to listen and try to help but will have enough tolerance use of violence.

If they wanted to live the way these lot do they should go to a country where that culture is in place or if X nation is so great and us so bad then please leave the uk. Problem solved!

I agree with you the, the PC culture that was promoted through the 90's 00's coupled with the Racism and intolerence that is out there was going to lead to this. There does need to be balance. There needs to be respect of culture and tradition in this country by minorities and that respect is a 2 way process. And the message should always have been you need to integrate into British society. But again lessons not learned in Northern ireland where when the state was created many nationalists were encouraged by the newly created Eire to view Northern ireland as a "Tempoary" thing and were encouraged not to integrate into the state to educate their children seperately etc etc. Yes there was some sectarianism and there was heavy handed policing but the authorities were dealing with surges of IRA violence in the 20's 30's 40's and 50's . The lack of Catholic representation in the police, civil service could also be put down to lack of interest in joining those bodies as well as to the perception of sectarianism.

abc123
United Kingdom

Post by abc123 »

cky7 wrote:
X

Fully agreed.

The fact is, a very big part of these are former drug addicts/petty criminals, that used their ( newly found ) religion to pull itself out of one extreme ( drug addiction ) by replacing it with another ( religious extremism )- an ideal "useful fools" for islamist recruiters.

Also, I would add that old adage of "Patriotism as last refuge of scoundrels" applies there too, just replace patriotism with religious extremism. If they can't be anything better in their life, they can allways become religious extremists and so "wash" ( in their own eyes ) all their previous sins/addiction/mistakes/crimes etc.
Fortune favors brave sir, said Carrot cheerfully.
What's her position about heavily armed, well prepared and overmanned armies?
Oh, noone's ever heard of Fortune favoring them, sir.
According to General Tacticus, it's because they favor themselves…

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Queen honours Westminster attack PC Keith Palmer for bravery
(BBC)
The police officer murdered in March's Westminster attack has been awarded a posthumous bravery medal by the Queen.
PC Keith Palmer's George Medal recognises actions that "saved lives". The George Medal is the highest civilian award in the United Kingdom.

Pc Palmer, 48, was killed by Khalid Masood on 22nd March this year outside the gates of the Palace of Westminster. His award on the Civilian Gallantry List is for "confronting an armed terrorist to protect others and Parliament". The citation says: "His actions provided time for other officers to react and shoot and stop the assailant. PC Palmer's bravery and professionalism unquestionably saved lives. PC Palmer did his duty... In doing so he made the ultimate sacrifice."

SKB
England

Re: Attack on UK Parliament

Post by SKB »

R686
Australia

Re: Attack on UK Parliament

Post by R686 »

SKB wrote:
The comments section is interesting to say the least :crazy: