Blighter Surveillance Systems

Contains threads on equipment developed by the UK defence and aerospace industry, but not in service with the British Armed Forces.
Timmymagic
Donator
United Kingdom

Blighter Surveillance Systems

Post by Timmymagic »

Looks like Blighters/Chess Dynamics/Enterprise Control Systems have a winner...one of the first out of the blocks. I wouldn't be surprised if a small number are in UK service as well.

RetroSicotte
Retired Site Admin
United Kingdom

Re: Blighter Surveillance Systems

Post by RetroSicotte »

Wonderful news to see these things getting some export, even at a small scale.

I wonder how effective they're proving.

Timmymagic
Donator
United Kingdom

Post by Timmymagic »

They've passed a lot of trials in the States, and seem to be the most mature solution. The market for these could be really substantial. Particularly as they now have the ultimate endorsement. I can see pretty much every major US embassy getting one, nuclear power stations, major government buildings and major airports. That market is huge. I would have thought that every SF unit that is on ops in Iraq/Syria would have a couple on order as well. Let alone the Iraqis...

It's a great example of some small players getting together quickly with some decent products, integrating them and getting a jump on the market. Now all they need is to tie up with an RWS manufacturer.....

Zealot
United Kingdom

Post by Zealot »

Timmymagic wrote:They've passed a lot of trials in the States, and seem to be the most mature solution. The market for these could be really substantial. Particularly as they now have the ultimate endorsement. I can see pretty much every major US embassy getting one, nuclear power stations, major government buildings and major airports. That market is huge. I would have thought that every SF unit that is on ops in Iraq/Syria would have a couple on order as well. Let alone the Iraqis...

It's a great example of some small players getting together quickly with some decent products, integrating them and getting a jump on the market. Now all they need is to tie up with an RWS manufacturer.....

The US' Federal Aviation Administration are already trialing these at various airports across the states.

Timmymagic
Donator
United Kingdom

Post by Timmymagic »

Looks like Blighter/Chess Dynamics/Enterprise Control Systems may be on to a winner....with the M230 as well seems like a belt and braces approach.

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/land ... nce-c-uas/

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

500 kg (plus the cannon); not bad for a weapon system
Ever-lasting truths: Multi-year budgets/ planning by necessity have to address the painful questions; more often than not the Either-Or prevails over Both-And.
If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking (attributed to Patton)

Dahedd

Post by Dahedd »

Decent bit in today's Times about the Blighter system, talking about export success to US & Spanish army & how you currently must be stationary to use it but mobile version coming soon.

Oh and disappointment at lack of UK order

Timmymagic
Donator
United Kingdom

Post by Timmymagic »

Looks like there has either been an order, or there may be an order in the offing for the UK..
Given the UK's order for Rafael's system a short while ago this may be encouraging..

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/ur ... 993830400/

Timmymagic
Donator
United Kingdom

Post by Timmymagic »

Good bit of news...Blighter getting some love...

These users liked the author Timmymagic for the post:
Ron5