National Shipbuilding Strategy

Contains threads on equipment developed by the UK defence and aerospace industry, but not in service with the British Armed Forces.
Ron5
Donator
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
United States of America

Re: National Shipbuilding Strategy

Post by Ron5 »

"slipped slightly"????

A mere two years that all!

By the way, in one of the DSEI articles it was mentioned SJP's update on the NSS has been delivered some time ago but HMG were keeping it secret. Gosh I wonder why.

ArmChairCivvy
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 0
United Kingdom

Re: National Shipbuilding Strategy

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

Thx, had not spotted that elsewhere (but then again, I did take quite a long holiday, away from screens).

Terminology used is a bit wobbly:
considering that " in summer 2018, the MOD awarded competition design phase contracts to three consortia" for the T31 and still design and build contract is expected by the end of this year.
- it was that combining of the two that let the rot set in, and what the new model is trying to address
- sure, there is plenty of detail design to be done, but the difference is essential

Forums like this help to pressurise the Gvmnt to be more transparent, RE Ron's " SJP's update on the NSS has been delivered some time ago but HMG were keeping it secret. Gosh I wonder why."
- but I agree that few reasons could be legit (may be Mr. Wallace's nomination of late, so that he gets to respond with some thought... and perhaps announcements, too?)
Ever-lasting truths: Multi-year budgets/ planning by necessity have to address the painful questions; more often than not the Either-Or prevails over Both-And.
If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking (attributed to Patton)