Liddiard Wheels

Contains threads on equipment developed by the UK defence and aerospace industry, but not in service with the British Armed Forces.
SKB
England

Liddiard Wheels

Post by SKB »

Bad at parking? Maybe you could buy some Liddiard Wheels....

The inventor, Robert Liddiard, a Briton, says:

"It works! I had to improvise a lot, use the materials available to me, and work on it sparingly when I could find the time. I decided to put them on my car. Unlike other omni capable wheels, my wheels do not require the vehicle to be built around them. This is a world first bolt-on application for anything with wheels. Designed to be used in all weather and road conditions. They are stronger, faster, and more accurately controlled than prior art. They can take a beating. The tyres can have the same build characteristics (siping, grooves, rubber compounds etc.) as regular tyres. Now you can drive in all directions, and turn on the spot, when needed. These are proof of concept prototypes to show that they work. Finished wheels will be refined to target application requirements.

Setup on this car has an incredible 24,000 pounds of torque directly on the tyres!

No CGI here (I did not want the tyres to move too fast at road speeds so I used a high gear ratio. I now know I should have used a lower ratio). Fast speeds are definitely possible. Now ANYTHING with wheels can be omni capable (not just cars).

No-one knows about this invention. Please share/tell someone or forward this video to any company you think might want to license or partner with me to bring it to market. Thank-you."

Mr. Liddiard has patents pending in multiple countries.

Ron5
Donator
United States of America

Re: Liddiard Wheels

Post by Ron5 »

I understand there's a long list of politicians waiting to buy.

U-turns? there's a joke in there some place.