CANADA

News and discussion threads on defence in other parts of the world.
2HeadsBetter
United Kingdom

Re: CANADA

Post by 2HeadsBetter »

These users liked the author 2HeadsBetter for the post:
serge750

mrclark303
Donator
United Kingdom

Post by mrclark303 »

2HeadsBetter wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 10:08 Up to 16 P8s for Canada:

https://www.defensenews.com/air/2023/11 ... lion-deal/
An excellent purchase by Canada, I'm sure Bombardier will have a blue fit that they were excluded etc, etc ..

Fact is the Posiden is the MPA of choice, it's here and capable, Uncle Sam shouldered the development costs and will no doubt pay the lions share costs re the various through life upgrades...

The international Posiden community will simply slot their fleets into the upgrade programmes.

Germany buying 8, but saying they will remain within the European A320 based MPA is frankly fu##ing mental!

The German tax payer should rightly go bloody nuts to paying a single euro into reinventing the wheel with yet another Airbus Military nightmare....

Just to add to this, France seems to be heading towards a cliff face of unaffordable projects with it's insanely expensive nuclear super carrier and it's European Posiden, of which they will have an order book of about 12!!

Both of which will be 'extremely' expensive programmes.....

Little J
United Kingdom

Post by Little J »

mrclark303 wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 16:30
Germany buying 8, but saying they will remain within the European A320 based MPA is frankly fu##ing mental!
It is mental, but if they are that stupid, maybe we can get a few 2nd hand in the future :thumbup:
These users liked the author Little J for the post:
mrclark303

mrclark303
Donator
United Kingdom

Post by mrclark303 »

Little J wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 18:53
mrclark303 wrote: 02 Dec 2023, 16:30
It is mental, but if they are that stupid, maybe we can get a few 2nd hand in the future :thumbup:
Grand idea "well, they aren't very popular in that colour guv, slow movers off the lot, but tell you what I can do, I'll take them em your hands, I'm fair robbing myself to make such an offer and that's a fact"🤣

While we are at it, we can make low offers on the surplus A400's......

Joking aside, are our German cousins really insane enough to throw away Posiden, in favour of a European Posiden at huge expense???

I'll bet this has made the French absolutely furious, it pretty much kills the Airbus MPA stone dead, unless they can find other countries and fill an order book for at least 30. Even then, factoring in development costs, it's going to be far more expensive than Posiden.

Boeing's order book must be heading for 180.

Airbus missed a trick, they should have developed a demonstrator in the 2000's, as it is, Boeing will sweep the board