Donald Trump

For discussions on politics and current events.
SKB
England

Donald Trump

Post by SKB »

Block Donald Trump Petition!

The signatories believe Donald J Trump should be banned from UK entry for his continued, unrepentant hate speech and unacceptable behaviour. His unacceptable behaviour is well documented, and we feel it foments racial, religious and nationalistic intolerance which should not be welcome in the UK.

The UK has banned entry to many individuals for hate speech. This same principle should apply to Donald J Trump. We cannot see how the United Kingdom can condone his entry to the country when many people have been barred for less.
At 10,000 signatures, government will respond to this petition.
At 100,000 signatures, this petition will be considered for debate in Parliament.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114003

arfah
Niue

Re: Donald Trump

Post by arfah »

Admin Note: This user is banned after turning most of their old posts into spam. This is why you may see their posts containing nothing more than dots or symbols. We have decided to keep these posts in place as it shows where they once were and why other users may be replying to things no longer visible in the topic. We apologise for any inconvenience.

seaspear
Australia

Re: 'Block Donald Trump' UK Parliament Petition!

Post by seaspear »

Its great that he exposes those views and they arent held private till after the vote , then its up to the electorate if they decide to vote and agree with his views , but then I suspect some voters have a perverted sense of humour about who or what they send into parliament and would happily elect a large salt water crocodile if it was released into parliament .

Pseudo
Tuvalu

Post by Pseudo »

Trump is the best friend the Democrats have in the 2016 presidential candidacy race. He's pulling the other Republican candidates ever further right in the primary and having them make statements that they'll struggle to walk back in the Presidential election campaign, while also exposing in the most acute terms the apparent racism and stupidity of a significant proportion of the Republican base.

RetroSicotte
Retired Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by RetroSicotte »

That man is like a right wing version of Corbyn for the Democrats right now.

But he can say what he wants in the run up. I won't shut him up. I hate what he preaches, sure, I worry he will ever have any power, but it's not our place to comment.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Look what I found...

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

Admin Note: This user is banned after turning most of their old posts into spam. This is why you may see their posts containing nothing more than dots or symbols. We have decided to keep these posts in place as it shows where they once were and why other users may be replying to things no longer visible in the topic. We apologise for any inconvenience.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

The petition has now passed 100,000 signatures which could lead to a Parliamentary debate!

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

seaspear
Australia

Post by seaspear »

I thought there was a convention not to get involved in other countries politics ,I believe then pm John Major years ago caused some unease in his talks in the U.S over political considerations leading up to elections

The Armchair Soldier
Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by The Armchair Soldier »

I wonder how many of those whinging for him to be banned whinge at the ban of British-born ISIL fighters returning from Iraq and Syria.

downsizer

Post by downsizer »

Zero fucks given.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

:roll:

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Petition has now passed half a million bandwaggoners, er, I meant, "signatures". ;)

downsizer

Post by downsizer »

Is this shit still a thing. Why is it even here?

Cooper
Korea North

Post by Cooper »

Intolerant fascist left wing British idiots want to ban intolerant fascist right wing American idiot.

Flip side of the same coin if you ask me, they deserve each other.

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

seaspear
Australia

Post by seaspear »

Im sure there are those in the U.S who wonder about comrade Corbyn too

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Seems as if the surge of signatures for the petition is over and has settled at 559,337 signatures.

WhiteWhale
Somalia

Post by WhiteWhale »

I kind of want him to be President purely for hilarities sake, at least as long as that circus of stupidity stays several thousand miles away!

WhitestElephant
United Kingdom

Post by WhitestElephant »

I signed the "Don't ban Trump from the United Kingdom" petition. Currently has 38,563 signatures. Trumps position on temporarily suspending travel for Muslims to the USA on security grounds is not fascist hate speech. He has a right to exercise free speech and express his opinions or thoughts...

You don't ban someone from entering the UK because you simply don't like what they said.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114907
Though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are. - Lord Tennyson (Ulysses)

Little J
United Kingdom

Post by Little J »

But wouldn't it be funny if he was banned and then became potus? How would they get around that one? :lol:

Pseudo
Tuvalu

Post by Pseudo »

Little J wrote:But wouldn't it be funny if he was banned and then became potus? How would they get around that one? :lol:
If Donald Trump became president the UK banning him from entry would be the very least of the world's problems. :shock:

Little J
United Kingdom

Post by Little J »

Well that wind farm near his Scottish golf course could expect a visit from some B-52's :D

seaspear
Australia

Post by seaspear »

Whats really funny is that unless there is an international arrest warrant from the Hague anyone else is welcome