Donald Trump

For discussions on politics and current events.
GastonGlocker
United States of America

Re: Donald Trump

Post by GastonGlocker »

If inclined, check this out.

Good stuff from 16:30 on explaining the angst in the US:

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

Compliments of Washington Post, here is what the letter by 50 former security advisors/ Homeland Security chiefs/ trade & other alliance negotiators says about Trump (this only a partial quote):

"“He appears to lack basic knowledge about and belief in the U.S. Constitution, U.S. laws and U.S. institutions, including religious tolerance, freedom of the press and an independent judiciary,” the letter says of Trump.

Later on, it adds, “At the same time, he persistently compliments our adversaries and threatens our allies and friends. Unlike previous Presidents who had limited experience in foreign affairs, Mr. Trump has shown no interest in educating himself. He continues to display an alarming ignorance of basic facts of contemporary international politics.”

The letter said Trump “lacks the temperament to be President,” and gave a scathing assessment of his ability to take advice, discipline himself, control his emotions and reflect before acting.

“He is unable or unwilling to separate truth from falsehood,” the letter states in a particularly pointed criticism of Trump’s personal traits. “He does not encourage conflicting views. He lacks self-control and acts impetuously. He cannot tolerate personal criticism. He has alarmed our closest allies with his erratic behavior. All of these are dangerous qualities in an individual who aspires to be President and Commander-in-Chief, with command of the U.S. nuclear arsenal.”["]
Ever-lasting truths: Multi-year budgets/ planning by necessity have to address the painful questions; more often than not the Either-Or prevails over Both-And.
If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking (attributed to Patton)

Halidon
United States of America

Post by Halidon »

GastonGlocker wrote:If inclined, check this out.

Good stuff from 16:30 on explaining the angst in the US:
The far right: You can't trust the Democrats because Unions run the party!
The far left: You can't trust the Democrats because Unions don't run the party!

GastonGlocker
United States of America

Post by GastonGlocker »

Found this tidbit that summed it up nicely:

"If you're under 50 you really need to read this. If you’re over 50, you lived through it, so share it with those under 50. Amazing to me how much I had forgotten!

When Bill Clinton was president, he allowed Hillary to assume authority over a health care reform. Even after threats and intimidation, she couldn’t even get a vote in a democratic controlled congress. This fiasco cost the American taxpayers about $13 million in cost for studies, promotion, and other efforts.

Then President Clinton gave Hillary authority over selecting a female attorney general. Her first two selections were Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood – both were forced to withdraw their names from consideration. Next she chose Janet Reno – husband Bill described her selection as “my worst mistake.” Some may not remember that Reno made the decision to gas David Koresh and the Branch Davidian religious sect in Waco, Texas resulting in dozens of deaths of women and children.

Husband Bill allowed Hillary to make recommendations for the head of the Civil Rights Commission. Lani Guanier was her selection. When a little probing led to the discovery of Ms. Guanier’s radical views, her name had to be withdrawn from consideration.

Apparently a slow learner, husband Bill allowed Hillary to make some more recommendations. She chose former law partners Web Hubbel for the Justice Department, Vince Foster for the White House staff, and William Kennedy for the Treasury Department. Her selections went well: Hubbel went to prison, Foster (presumably) committed suicide, and Kennedy was forced to resign.

Many younger votes will have no knowledge of “Travelgate.” Hillary wanted to award unfettered travel contracts to Clinton friend Harry Thompson – and the White House Travel Office refused to comply. She managed to have them reported to the FBI and fired. This ruined their reputations, cost them their jobs, and caused a thirty-six month investigation. Only one employee, Billy Dale was charged with a crime, and that of the enormous crime of mixing personal and White House funds. A jury acquitted him of any crime in less than two hours.

Still not convinced of her ineptness, Hillary was allowed to recommend a close Clinton friend, Craig Livingstone, for the position of Director of White House security. When Livingstone was investigated for the improper access of about 900 FBI files of Clinton enemies (Filegate) and the widespread use of drugs by White House staff, suddenly Hillary and the president denied even knowing Livingstone, and of course, denied knowledge of drug use in the White House.

Following this debacle, the FBI closed its White House Liaison Office after more than thirty years of service to seven presidents.

Next, when women started coming forward with allegations of sexual harassment and rape by Bill Clinton, Hillary was put in charge of the #$%$ eruption” and scandal defense. Some of her more notable decisions in the debacle were:

She urged her husband not to settle the Paula Jones lawsuit. After the Starr investigation they settled with Ms. Jones.

She refused to release the Whitewater documents, which led to the appointment of Ken Starr as Special Prosecutor.

After $80 million dollars of taxpayer money was spent, Starr's investigation led to Monica Lewinsky, which led to Bill lying about and later admitting his affairs.

Hillary’s devious game plan resulted in Bill losing his license to practice law for 'lying under oath' to a grand jury and then his subsequent impeachment by the House of Representatives.

Hillary avoided indictment for perjury and obstruction of justice during the Starr investigation by repeating, “I do not recall,” “I have no recollection,” and “I don’t know” a total of 56 times while under oath.

After leaving the White House, Hillary was forced to return an estimated $200,000 in White House furniture, china, and artwork that she had stolen.

What a swell party – ready for another four or eight year of this type of low-life mess?

Now we are exposed to the destruction of possibly incriminating emails while Hillary was Secretary of State and the “pay to play” schemes of the Clinton Foundation – we have no idea what shoe will fall next.

But to her loyal fans (supporters) - I guess in her own words “what difference does it make?”

It is a pity that Trump has pissed away any momentum he had after the DNC scandal and RNC bounce.

For me, the biggest issue is our economy and nearly $20 Trillion in debt.

I see more of the same with Hillary. In the meantime middle-class America gets f'd.

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

Donald or Hilary?
Admin Note: This user is banned after turning most of their old posts into spam. This is why you may see their posts containing nothing more than dots or symbols. We have decided to keep these posts in place as it shows where they once were and why other users may be replying to things no longer visible in the topic. We apologise for any inconvenience.

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

A great read; but we must remember that Bill was busy and had to delegate.

At least Ronald Reagan delegated to office holders and advisors - and will be remembered as a great President. I don't know if he ever actully said (when decising about the arms race programmes) "Step on gas, boys" as has been attributed but, in effect, that did the job and for a fleeting moment the world became a safer place.
Ever-lasting truths: Multi-year budgets/ planning by necessity have to address the painful questions; more often than not the Either-Or prevails over Both-And.
If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking (attributed to Patton)

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

Admin Note: This user is banned after turning most of their old posts into spam. This is why you may see their posts containing nothing more than dots or symbols. We have decided to keep these posts in place as it shows where they once were and why other users may be replying to things no longer visible in the topic. We apologise for any inconvenience.

GastonGlocker
United States of America

Post by GastonGlocker »

arfah wrote:Donald or Hilary?
Exactly. 320 Million and it comes down to these 2. :roll:

GastonGlocker
United States of America

Post by GastonGlocker »

ArmChairCivvy wrote: At least Ronald Reagan delegated to office holders and advisors - and will be remembered as a great President. I don't know if he ever actully said (when decising about the arms race programmes) "Step on gas, boys" as has been attributed but, in effect, that did the job and for a fleeting moment the world became a safer place.
And he had a statesmanship presence lacking in today's candidates.

Am resigned to Air Force One becoming either "Broomstick One" or "Con Air" when Hillary gets in.

But my vote will personally never be for Hillary, for what its worth.

Haven't looked this hard at 3rd party in years!

Pseudo
Tuvalu

Post by Pseudo »

GastonGlocker wrote:But my vote will personally never be for Hillary, for what its worth.

Haven't looked this hard at 3rd party in years!
If you'd normally vote Republican and aren't due to Trump there's a reasonable argument to be made that by voting third party you're effectively voting for Hillary by denying Trump a vote that a Republican candidate could usually rely on.

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

GastonGlocker
United States of America

Post by GastonGlocker »

Pseudo wrote:
GastonGlocker wrote: If you'd normally vote Republican and aren't due to Trump there's a reasonable argument to be made that by voting third party you're effectively voting for Hillary by denying Trump a vote that a Republican candidate could usually rely on.

The win is all about the electoral votes. My state has a paltry 3 votes and will go Trump.

As a state, the Republican party has thrived given energy, agricultural, technology and research industries. The Democrats barely register on the radar.

However at the national level, its a different story.

A third party vote on principle would still mean a Trump win in my state but also gives voice to the growing disenchantment with the status quo, of continued resolution in budget talks vs holding the elected accountable for continued deficit spending to the tune of Trillions.

So, politics, however insignificant in the scale of things. Principle vs populism.

Pseudo
Tuvalu

Post by Pseudo »

GastonGlocker wrote:
Pseudo wrote:
GastonGlocker wrote: If you'd normally vote Republican and aren't due to Trump there's a reasonable argument to be made that by voting third party you're effectively voting for Hillary by denying Trump a vote that a Republican candidate could usually rely on.

The win is all about the electoral votes. My state has a paltry 3 votes and will go Trump.

As a state, the Republican party has thrived given energy, agricultural, technology and research industries. The Democrats barely register on the radar.

However at the national level, its a different story.

A third party vote on principle would still mean a Trump win in my state but also gives voice to the growing disenchantment with the status quo, of continued resolution in budget talks vs holding the elected accountable for continued deficit spending to the tune of Trillions.

So, politics, however insignificant in the scale of things. Principle vs populism.
Yeah. If you're in a safe state like one of the Dakota's, Montana or Wyoming it doesn't really matter who you vote for. Much like safe seats over here in the UK. Under our respective electoral systems remarkably few votes actually affect the outcome of our elections. Over here it's usually something around 30% of votes cast have any influence on the result and I'd imagine that it's a similar figure in the US.

JayDee
United Kingdom

Post by JayDee »

Trump speaking on foreign policy

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

Washington Post already banned, and New York Times will have their people's press credentials cancelled (to the events) if they don't fall more in line with the "msg"

Next we will have edited videos, like the evidence on the saboteurs caught on Crimea (will save those edit details for that thread... if there is one on Ukraine/ Crimea?).

GastonGlocker
United States of America

Post by GastonGlocker »

JayDee wrote:Trump speaking on foreign policy

Here is same speech with dead space cut out:

Solid points made.

#neverhillary

R686
Australia

Post by R686 »

> TRUMP & HILLIARY IN THE BAKERY
>
>
> Donald and Hillary Go Into A Bakery on the Campaign Trail.
> As soon as they enter the bakery, Hillary steals three pastries and
> puts them in her pocket.
> She says to Donald, "See how clever I am?
> The owner didn't see anything and I don't even need to lie."
> I will definitely win the election.
> The Donald says to Hillary, "That's the typical dishonesty you have
> displayed throughout your entire life, trickery and deceit.
> I am going to show you an honest way to get the same result."
> Donald goes to the owner of the bakery and says, "Give me a pastry and
> I will show you a magic trick."
> Intrigued, the owner accepts and gives him a pastry.
> Trump swallows it and asks for another one.
> The owner gives him another one.
> Then Donald asks for a third pastry and eats that, too.
> The owner is starting to wonder where the magic trick is and asks,
> "What did you do with the pastries?"
> Trump replies, "Look in Hillary's pocket"...

FuNsTeR

Post by FuNsTeR »

crooked Hilary wants a confrontation with Russia it is one thing taking on Iraq and taking on Russia, i hope i never live to see the day when two or 3 nuclear powers go to war if she is elected president i fear that could become a reality

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

I thought that Trump had been the quick learner (from Putin) about dropping the nukes into speeches frequently?

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

never seen such a horrifically scary sight than Trump & Farage on the same stage... God America... what the hell are you doing over there? only good thing atm is that Hillary is ahead in most the polls from what I can see. She's not perfect by any measure, but when you're against someone like Trump... the devil himself would be a better candidate to vote for than him

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

which one is easier to polish?

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

:twisted:

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

The Armchair Soldier
Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by The Armchair Soldier »

Has this been posted yet? Nigel Farage joins Donald Trump on stage: