POLL - HMS Queen Elizabeth Wardroom Carpet !

Contains threads on Royal Navy equipment of the past, present and future.

What Colour Should HMS Queen Elizabeth's Wardroom Carpet Be?

Red
9%
Orange
No votes
Yellow
No votes
Green
5%
Blue
59%
Purple
9%
Pink
3%
Black
No votes
White
1%
A Lovely Floral Pattern
13%

Total votes: 75

SKB
England

POLL - HMS Queen Elizabeth Wardroom Carpet !

Post by SKB »

^ Some carpet, yesterday.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Wednesday 7th October 2015, Captain Simon Petitt of HMS Queen Elizabeth did a live Q&A tweet session concerning his new ship.
One particular question, of great significance and importance to the majority of UKDF users (and ex MP.net users) was asked:

The reply, from Captain Petitt:

According to Captain Simon Petitt today (7th October 2015), HMS Queen Elizabeth still does not yet have a carpet or rug fitted in its wardroom. :?
So, if you could choose the colour of the carpet, what would it be? :twisted:

bobp
United Kingdom

Re: POLL - HMS Queen Elizabeth Wardroom Carpet !

Post by bobp »

I chose blue because it seems to be the best for hiding beer stains etc.

swoop
Pitcairn Island

Post by swoop »

Blue, so long as it's proper RN blue!

Scimitar54
United Kingdom

Post by Scimitar54 »

Royal Blue as befits the name of the ship and (also midway between Navy Blue and Sky Blue) so that RN and RAF "Types" feel equally "at home". Far too P.C. for me, but nevertheless probably what some MOD Mandarin will have come up with! On the other hand, maybe with the possibility of (Royal) Marines being on board it should be turquoise!!

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Has to be blue. ;)

hovematlot
United Kingdom

Post by hovematlot »

From my experience on HMS Invincible after the WRNS moved onboard, the wardroom carpet wont be the only thing getting laid!

downsizer

Post by downsizer »

Boom, boom!

jonas
United Kingdom

Post by jonas »

I suppose if someone said that the last few posts were childish,irrelevent and absolute crap they would be cried down. Well I would suggest that this thread has become childish,irrelevent, and absolute crap.

Just because there is no news in regards to the QE, does it mean it slides into the mediocrity that the MP blog fell into, it would appear so. :roll:

A more worthless thread I have yet to come across.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

jonas wrote:A more worthless thread I have yet to come across.
One word: SATIRE!
May I remind you, we've being enquiring about the colour of the QE carpet (and curtains) for literally years? This carpet question originated in MP.net and became an in-joke. After MP.net was closed earlier in 2015, it prompted former MP.net members to set up this UKDF Forum (thanks!). The MP.net QEC thread was then continued here by ex MP.net members to continue the years of interest and humour. This particular poll thread is merely another satirical and fond nod to the old original QEC thread of MP.net. Plus we've been now been waiting to know so long about the carpet, its actually become quite interesting to discover what the outcome will be and we'll finally have a sense of closure to an old unanswered and satirical question! ;)

bobp
United Kingdom

Post by bobp »

Yes people may have chatted as a joke to begin with, but this is now a genuine need to know along with the wardroom curtains. Although there may be no windows in the wardroom.

jonas
United Kingdom

Post by jonas »

SKB wrote:
jonas wrote:A more worthless thread I have yet to come across.
One word: SATIRE!
May I remind you, we've being enquiring about the colour of the QE carpet (and curtains) for literally years? This carpet question originated in MP.net and became an in-joke. After MP.net was closed earlier in 2015, it prompted former MP.net members to set up this UKDF Forum (thanks!). The MP.net QEC thread was then continued here by ex MP.net members to continue the years of interest and humour. This particular poll thread is merely another satirical and fond nod to the old original QEC thread of MP.net. Plus we've been now been waiting to know so long about the carpet, its actually become quite interesting to discover what the outcome will be and we'll finally have a sense of closure to an old unanswered and satirical question! ;)
I am very conversant with the old MP net and it's history, probably more so than you. Remind me again who was it that threw their toys out of the pram, and stormed off in a huff for a few months over some silly copyright issue ;)

jonas
United Kingdom

Post by jonas »

bobp wrote:Yes people may have chatted as a joke to begin with, but this is now a genuine need to know along with the wardroom curtains. Although there may be no windows in the wardroom.
Windows !!! :roll:

marktigger
United Kingdom

Post by marktigger »

Purple there will be Army helicopters aboard at times

Ron5
Donator
United States of America

Post by Ron5 »

marktigger wrote:Purple there will be Army helicopters aboard at times
That's what I voted - great minds ...

cockneyjock1974
United Kingdom

Post by cockneyjock1974 »

I believe the person who originally posted the question on MP.net was either Arfah or Carrierfan2006.

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

"I believe the person who originally posted the question on MP.net was either Arfah or Carrierfan2006."

Guilty as charged and without remorse.

With experience of tri-service messes - Blood red would be practical
Admin Note: This user is banned after turning most of their old posts into spam. This is why you may see their posts containing nothing more than dots or symbols. We have decided to keep these posts in place as it shows where they once were and why other users may be replying to things no longer visible in the topic. We apologise for any inconvenience.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Changed my vote to green. Seen other carpets on QE that are green. To keep the costs down, I'm assuming the wardroom is using the same carpet ;)

bobp
United Kingdom

Post by bobp »

I notice the bridge has a grey carpet but sadly no curtains to cover the many windows.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

There is new photographic evidence on the QE thread, provided by Smokey, that QE's wardroom carpet is.... *drumroll*.... RED! :o
Congrats to the 7 red voters (Nick1968_sp11, Defender, serge750, CameronPerson, Repulse, PapaGolf, Murphy) for guessing correctly, if true!

Curtains remain an unsolved mystery. And may not even exist as QE doesnt seem to have that many portholes! ;)

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT (15th November 2017)

QE's Wardroom and Flag Dining Room were fitted by Hampshire based company, Trimline.

The rooms were fitted and completed in just three weeks during the QE's initial stay in Portsmouth during the Autumn of 2017.
https://www.trimline.co.uk/by-appointme ... elizabeth/

Hmm. So the wardroom really has a wooden floor with several red rugs, instead of a single wall-to-wall red carpet throughout.

Ron5
Donator
United States of America

Post by Ron5 »

Looked like the inside of his local. How do we REALLY know it was the wardroom??

:-)

abc123
United Kingdom

Post by abc123 »

jonas wrote:I suppose if someone said that the last few posts were childish,irrelevent and absolute crap they would be cried down. Well I would suggest that this thread has become childish,irrelevent, and absolute crap.

Just because there is no news in regards to the QE, does it mean it slides into the mediocrity that the MP blog fell into, it would appear so. :roll:

A more worthless thread I have yet to come across.
X
Fortune favors brave sir, said Carrot cheerfully.
What's her position about heavily armed, well prepared and overmanned armies?
Oh, noone's ever heard of Fortune favoring them, sir.
According to General Tacticus, it's because they favor themselves…