Report Spam here

Site-related information.
arfah
Niue

Report Spam here

Post by arfah »

Admin Note: This user is banned after turning most of their old posts into spam. This is why you may see their posts containing nothing more than dots or symbols. We have decided to keep these posts in place as it shows where they once were and why other users may be replying to things no longer visible in the topic. We apologise for any inconvenience.

R686
Australia

Re: Report Spam here

Post by R686 »

arfah wrote:If you notice something "dodgy" like adverts for services, dubious requests or anything that sets off your Spidey-sense, then post it here.

e.g. This guy has 3 posts trying to sell fake passports:

http://ukdefenceforum.net/memberlist.ph ... file&u=575

Mods please moderate :-)
yeah I saw that also, I ticked the report button not sure how it works for the mod team buy I know they will get to it sooner or later

bobp
United Kingdom

Post by bobp »

Yes I see that you guys have beaten me too it.

The Armchair Soldier
Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by The Armchair Soldier »

Thanks for the reports, guys. The spam has been removed.

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

Admin Note: This user is banned after turning most of their old posts into spam. This is why you may see their posts containing nothing more than dots or symbols. We have decided to keep these posts in place as it shows where they once were and why other users may be replying to things no longer visible in the topic. We apologise for any inconvenience.

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

The Armchair Soldier
Site Admin
United Kingdom

arfah wrote:http://ukdefenceforum.net/viewtopic.php?p=16721#p16721

Anna wants a boyfriend (and probably commit some kind of Internet fraud).
Thanks for the report. The spam has been removed.

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

Is there any way to remove the abc's and SKB's from this site?
- I just looked at the updated page and ... going for a walk, suddenly, seemed like a much better option

I know that one of the call signs has an agenda ( and apologies to the other one, seemingly well intentioned).
Ever-lasting truths: Multi-year budgets/ planning by necessity have to address the painful questions; more often than not the Either-Or prevails over Both-And.
If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking (attributed to Patton)

The Armchair Soldier
Site Admin
United Kingdom

ArmChairCivvy wrote:Is there any way to remove the abc's and SKB's from this site?
- I just looked at the updated page and ... going for a walk, suddenly, seemed like a much better option

I know that one of the call signs has an agenda ( and apologies to the other one, seemingly well intentioned).
Users will only ever be removed from the site if they severely infringe the rules. Neither of the users you mentioned have done so to my knowledge, but you’re free to use the report feature to bring any of their posts to our attention. The Friends & Foes system can also be used to hide the posts of users you do not wish to see. You can read more about it here: http://ukdefenceforum.net/faq.php#f6r0

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

The Armchair Soldier wrote: be used to hide the posts of users you do not wish to see.
An excellent feature!

As I do use it, then it became (un-inspiringly) a whole page of story lines I do not want to click on.
- normally, when I see those acronymns, I just wait for someone else to appear on the thread, with a comment

But a whole page, full of them... gimme air! So , left it and got the air.
- A good way for no one wanting to click on this tab, though?
Ever-lasting truths: Multi-year budgets/ planning by necessity have to address the painful questions; more often than not the Either-Or prevails over Both-And.
If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking (attributed to Patton)

swoop
Pitcairn Island

Post by swoop »

RichardGip and also GaiverAncem are happily flooding message boxes...