Is this an SBS craft ?

For everything else UK defence-related that doesn't fit into any of the sections above.
xav

Is this an SBS craft ?

Post by xav »

A colleague sent me this video (it is from 2008...)

xav

Re: Is this an SBS craft ?

Post by xav »

The Armchair Soldier
Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by The Armchair Soldier »

Interesting. I had no idea they were made by BAE Systems and could mount mini guns.

Here's a photo of them on board SD Victoria, a ship operated by Serco Marine Services.

GibMariner

Post by GibMariner »

The Armchair Soldier wrote:
Interesting. I had no idea they were made by BAE Systems and could mount mini guns.

Here's a photo of them on board SD Victoria, a ship operated by Serco Marine Services.

Interesting, I've never heard of them or seen them until today. That photo was taken in Gibraltar so I assume they must have been here a few times since then (SD Victoria is a frequent visitor, though usually goes under the radar, this is also an older photo as SD Victoria's top section was painted white during her last visits here) but I've never noticed them on board... I guess that's the point.

RetroSicotte
Retired Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by RetroSicotte »

Seem them about in a few videos, I can only presume they were brought in to deal with situations similar to when the SBS stopped a cargo ship in the channel just before we went into Iraq. SD Victoria rarely seems to leave European waters, and likely those boats don't either.