Beer thread

For everything that doesn't fit elsewhere; literature, movies, video games - whatever you desire.
xav

Beer thread

Post by xav »

Found and got this beer yesterday at my local grocery store (in France)

St Austell Admiral's Ale
Originally brewed as a special to celebrate the 200th anniversary of Nelson’s victory at Trafalgar in 1805. However, production of the bottled version and, occasionally, the cask has continued.
Haven't drink it yet but after reading the label I had to get it! :D

Anyone here know that beer ?

arfah
Niue

Re: Beer thread

Post by arfah »

Admin Note: This user is banned after turning most of their old posts into spam. This is why you may see their posts containing nothing more than dots or symbols. We have decided to keep these posts in place as it shows where they once were and why other users may be replying to things no longer visible in the topic. We apologise for any inconvenience.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Budweiser To Change Name To 'America'.

Firstly, I apologise for daring to put that disgusting watery gnats piss lager Budweiser into a beer thread. Unfortunately theres no lager thread.

Budweiser "beer" plans to rebrand its cans for the summer in a bid to capture the patriotism of US consumers. The "beer" will have its name changed to "America" from May to November, even though 'America' is the name of a continent and 'United States' is the name of the actual country.

:roll:

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

I wonder if that is all that there is to it. I think the agreement between the original Budweiser and the American Bud (on the use of the name) has never been published in its entirety.
- anyway, don't they add the bubbles into it afterwards... so it is a soft drink, with some alcohol included?
Ever-lasting truths: Multi-year budgets/ planning by necessity have to address the painful questions; more often than not the Either-Or prevails over Both-And.
If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking (attributed to Patton)

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Portsmouth is proclaimed pub capital of the United Kingdom
'The Ship Anson', located on The Hard, Portsmouth.

Research by Liberty Games has concluded that Portsmouth has more pubs per square mile than any other town or city in the entire United Kingdom.

1. Portsmouth (12 pubs per square mile) :clap:
2. Liverpool (11)
3. Bristol (10)
4. Brighton & Hove (10)
5. Norwich (10)
6. Dundee (9)
7. Manchester (9)
8. Nottingham (9)
9. Southampton (9) :lolno:
10. Dudley (8)

https://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/Art ... portsmouth

Strangely/worryingly, Portsmouth has many fewer pubs than it used to just ten years ago!

Greater London was not included as it is not a single town or city. once considered a county, but now as a region of England.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Booze has gone up in price in Scotland from today (1 May 2018), with the world's first "Minimum Price" system
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-43948081

abc123
United Kingdom

Post by abc123 »

ArmChairCivvy wrote:I wonder if that is all that there is to it. I think the agreement between the original Budweiser and the American Bud (on the use of the name) has never been published in its entirety.
- anyway, don't they add the bubbles into it afterwards... so it is a soft drink, with some alcohol included?

Yeah, probably that's the truth behind that decision. Anyway, I'm glad that great name Budweiser isn't anymore connected with that American perversion of beer.
Fortune favors brave sir, said Carrot cheerfully.
What's her position about heavily armed, well prepared and overmanned armies?
Oh, noone's ever heard of Fortune favoring them, sir.
According to General Tacticus, it's because they favor themselves…

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

Whereas... I have always thought that Asahi was the best beer in Japan.

And now, with the addition of the Fullers range to "Asahi has already expanded in Europe by buying the Peroni, Grolsch and Meantime brands from Anheuser-Busch InBev, and in another deal bought eastern European brands such as Pilsner Urquell" they are fast becoming the best "beer" in Europe, too.
Ever-lasting truths: Multi-year budgets/ planning by necessity have to address the painful questions; more often than not the Either-Or prevails over Both-And.
If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking (attributed to Patton)

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Wetherspoons has cut the price of a pint in its pubs to just £1.29 in what it dubbed "Sunak’s specials" after the Chancellor’s VAT cuts.

The pub chain, which has almost 1,000 establishments around the country, announced today price reductions of at least 10p per drink and 20p per meal as it chose to pass on the tax cuts for hospitality businesses.

The firm said that the price of a pint of Ruddles Bitter will be reduced by an average of 50p to just £1.29 at 764 of its pubs, starting on July 15 with all reductions implemented by July 20.

A pint of Doombar will fall to £1.79, an average reduction of 31p, while Abbot Ale and guest beers will be cut to £1.99. Prices at the company’s other 103 pubs, located in city centres, airports and stations, will be around £1 higher, but will still be reduced, Wetherspoons said.

Wetherspoon founder and chairman Tim Martin said: “Wetherspoon will invest all the proceeds of the VAT reduction in lower prices, spread across both bar and food products, with the biggest reductions on real ale.”
Source: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/0 ... reduction/