What was the last movie you watched?

For everything that doesn't fit elsewhere; literature, movies, video games - whatever you desire.
SDL
United Kingdom

Re: What was the last movie you watched?

Post by SDL »

London has Fallen.

meh. just as crap as you'd expect. cliché filled and corny as anything. think I was laughing at it more than I was with it. First movie was miles better (& that was a bit rubbish as well)

Pseudo
Tuvalu

Post by Pseudo »

2HeadsBetter wrote:Deadpool - not as funny as it thinks it is. As for Star Trek, well it's directed by the man responsible for the Fast and Furious franchise; so no surprises there then.

http://media.comicbook.com/2016/06/star ... 1280x0.jpg
I found the fourth wall breaking annoyingly lazy.

I saw the new Ghostbusters film last week. I thought it was pretty fun with some good jokes and a strong performances (particularly Kate McKinnon) but it reminded me more of a live action adaptation of the Real Ghostbusters cartoon than it did the original film. There also seemed to have been quite a bit cut out because there were a few holes in the narrative.

Dahedd

Post by Dahedd »

Saw Jason Bourne lastnight. Don't bother, wait for it on Sky.

Not a touch on number 3, Ultimatum & I might even say I fOund Legacy wIth Jeremy Renner more entertaining. Disappointing.

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

Batman Vs Superman ultimate edition.

This movie may have a couple of big issues, but it is still a very good movie. The longer cut does add a few useful things to the movie & help the story in the most part... But a in couple of points it's clear why the stuff was cut.

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

Suicide Squad.

Ignore the critics, this movie is flawed but it is a good movie and far better than the internet loonies want it to be. Mate of mine HATES Jai Courtney and he admitted after the movie that Jai was one of the best points of it. Music doesn't work in a few noticeable places and the Joker doesn't have enough screen time. Margot Robbie bloody brilliant.

Artesh
Iran

Post by Artesh »

For Xth time ...

Un Comiser Acuza - Sergiu Florin Nicolaescu - 1973

Little J
United Kingdom

Post by Little J »

6 Days, bloody good film.
Kind of wanted them to show Trevor Lock off a little better (don't show him pulling his revolver, etc).
But, overall I would recommend it to anyone.

Caribbean
United Kingdom

Post by Caribbean »

What Happened to Monday - just out on Netflix. Decent premise, but could have worked a bit better. Can't be too critical, though - my daughter worked on it as one of Noomi Rapace's performance doubles
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill

Artesh
Iran

Post by Artesh »

A Yugoslav one ...

Partizanska Eskadrila

2HeadsBetter
United Kingdom

Post by 2HeadsBetter »

Went to see the latest Avengers film yesterday. Half an hour in and the bloke sat behind me was snoring. Can't say I blame him.

Little J
United Kingdom

Post by Little J »

Rented Justice League off amazon yesterday, if it wasn't for Gal Gadot I don't think I could have watched the whole thing.

It wasn't bad, just... Boring :shifty:

abc123
United Kingdom

Post by abc123 »

Artesh wrote:A Yugoslav one ...

Partizanska Eskadrila
:lolno:

Somebody still watches that sh**?

I have watched a Russian movie, about Crimean crisis/annexation, love story of Russian from Crimea and Ukrainean nationalist girl: Krym

And before that, an American one: 12 Strong. Good movie. :thumbup:
Fortune favors brave sir, said Carrot cheerfully.
What's her position about heavily armed, well prepared and overmanned armies?
Oh, noone's ever heard of Fortune favoring them, sir.
According to General Tacticus, it's because they favor themselves…

FuNsTeR

Post by FuNsTeR »

blade 3 i love vampire flicks

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Solo: A Star Wars Story, and I've literally just seen it! ;)

abc123
United Kingdom

Post by abc123 »

SKB wrote:Solo: A Star Wars Story, and I've literally just seen it! ;)
And? Opinion?
Fortune favors brave sir, said Carrot cheerfully.
What's her position about heavily armed, well prepared and overmanned armies?
Oh, noone's ever heard of Fortune favoring them, sir.
According to General Tacticus, it's because they favor themselves…

Little J
United Kingdom

Post by Little J »

Come on SKB you can't leave it at that :eh:

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

abc123 wrote:And? Opinion?
Little J wrote:Come on SKB you can't leave it at that :eh:
I've written a review in the Star Wars thread ;) https://www.ukdefenceforum.net/viewtopi ... 513#p63513

The Armchair Soldier
Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by The Armchair Soldier »

The Armchair Soldier wrote:The last movie I watched was Jurassic World and I rate it 8.5/10.
After much anticipation, I watched Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom last night.

I won't give it a numbered rating, but I enjoyed it more than Jurassic World. It had far better visual effects, far better characters and some very intense sequences. I wasn't too keen on the darker tone of it all, though. The brighter first half was my favourite because it felt more like a classic Jurassic film. The rest of it felt almost like a Batman film, with its Gothic night time setting. It wasn't really the familiar "Jurassic" feel I was hoping to get. The film was ridiculously depressing in parts too and I felt it knocked my enjoyability of the film overall. Other than that, though, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The visual effects and the opening scenes were its strongest points—up there with the best of the franchise, in my opinion. Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard were as amazing as always.

Some extra comments, containing spoilers:
There's a scene where everyone's fleeing the island on a ship because of an erupting volcano and a single Brachiosaurus doesn't make it to the boat in time. It lumbers across the dock whilst lava floods in. It even rears up and moans like in the original Jurassic Park. It was stupidly sad to watch and had my sister in tears. :lol: By far the saddest scene in any Jurassic film and one I wish wasn't part of the film, in all honesty.

The little girl's grandad being murdered was a bit much too, I thought. Not what I expected to see. In saying that, Fallen Kingdom is the first Jurassic film to receive a 12 age rating.

There's a lot more dinosaurs than in the previous Jurassic films, but still no dilophosaurus, a dinosaur myself and a lot of fans had hoped to see again. The stygimoloch was a nice addition, but I thought it was a bit far-fetched how they got it to break through a thick brick wall.

The Mosasaur and T. rex scenes at the start of the film were incredible. The T.rex striding through the forest in the night rain to grab an unsuspecting technician, then latching onto the helicopter's ladder is the type of sequence I wanted throughout the whole film. The T. rex is involved in a further three sequences after that, but isn't as prominent in the film as I'd hoped.

"Blue" is the star dinosaur of the film, which suits me fine, but I'm still disappointed there were no classic velociraptors to act as side-villains. The lack of velociraptors is another reason the film doesn't have a classic Jurassic feeling. There was one particular scene where Owen walked through a forest searching for Blue, where some villainous raptors could have played a part nicely.

The Indoraptor didn't feature as much as I expected, which isn't a negative for me personally. I've never been a fan of the fictional hybrid dinosaurs and I hope they avoid them in the next (and final) Jurassic film. Jurassic films have always been about the T.rexes and velociraptors.

The young girl, named Maisie (who's actually an enjoyable character and not remotely as irritating as previous child characters!), is revealed to be a clone of Benjamin Lockwood's dead daughter and the reason why he stopped working with John Hammond (Richard Attenborough) on their genetic research. I really liked how they added in that backstory.

I was hoping Jeff Goldblum and B.D. Wong would have had bigger roles in the film, as returning characters from the original Jurassic Park, but it's nice they took part, nonetheless.

The film ends with half of the rescued dinosaurs being freed into the U.S. and the others being auctioned to other countries. I'm not sure where this could lead, but logic suggests all of the freed dinosaurs would be shot by the authorities, whilst the auctioned ones would get used by other genetic engineering companies to create their own cloned dinosaurs / hybrids, for applications in defence, etc. Blue is shown to be living in the desert, which I have a feeling will somehow reintroduce Dr. Grant (Sam Neil) back into the story in the sequel, something I'd love to see happen.
I have a strong urge to watch it again. :think:

Artesh
Iran

Post by Artesh »

abc123 wrote:
Artesh wrote:A Yugoslav one ...

Partizanska Eskadrila
:lolno:

Somebody still watches that sh**?
For Language practice, Yes.
as well as some other movies and even Radio.
in general, agree with you.

Artesh
Iran

Post by Artesh »

A Russian movie ...

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

Pacific Rim: Uprising. 6.5/10

Flashy, looks glorious in 4K... but there wasn't much substance behind it. felt like it needed about 20 more minutes to get the full story across, or some parts removed.

R686
Australia

Post by R686 »

well had a quite night at home with the idiot box on and convoy was on, yum yum Ali Macgraw

Lord Jim
United Kingdom

Post by Lord Jim »

Iron Sky, gloriously silly and very funny.

bobp
United Kingdom

Post by bobp »

November Man starring Piers Brosnan was on the box last night. Very good storyline with a few twists and turns and plenty of action.