RAF Waddington problems

For everything else UK defence-related that doesn't fit into any of the sections above.
jonas
United Kingdom

RAF Waddington problems

Post by jonas »

RAF Waddington faces massive delays in its runway upgrade.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-li ... e-33097024

downsizer

Re: RAF Waddington problems

Post by downsizer »

Cna't see it ever re-opening after this much money being spent. ;)

topman
Tokelau

Post by topman »

I thought it funny half the report was given up to concerns about spotters and their lack of spotting opportunities. Because that's the only reason waddo is there :roll:

jonas
United Kingdom

Post by jonas »

topman wrote:I thought it funny half the report was given up to concerns about spotters and their lack of spotting opportunities. Because that's the only reason waddo is there :roll:
Perhaps the 'Wave cafe' could sue the MOD for lack of earnings. :lol: .

Bye the way where have Waddingtons aircraft been re-located to ?

rec

Post by rec »

They have been relocated to RAFC Cranwell, RAF Coningsby and RAF Mildenhall.

jonas
United Kingdom

Post by jonas »

rec wrote:They have been relocated to RAFC Cranwell, RAF Coningsby and RAF Mildenhall.
Thanks for that. Didn't realise that Cranwell had the infrastructure to house/support these aircraft.

downsizer

Post by downsizer »

As it's only sentinel and shadow at Cranwell, and they're always away, it isn't really an issue.

shark bait
Pitcairn Island

Post by shark bait »

It seems strange to see a bunch of AWACS parked on the apron that's usually filled with typhoons.

Biggest shame is about the waddington air show, I hope it returns once the works are finished.
@LandSharkUK

downsizer

Post by downsizer »

shark bait wrote:Biggest shame is about the waddington air show, I hope it returns once the works are finished.
Yeah, that's the biggest shame for sure. Never mind the ballache boltholing causes, or the extra work everyone at Waddo enjoys around the airshow so a bunch of spotter dorks can spit sex wee over some aeroplanes. Fuck them, the purpose of Waddington isn't to provide enjoyment for a minority segment of the public.

jonas
United Kingdom

Post by jonas »

downsizer wrote:
shark bait wrote:Biggest shame is about the waddington air show, I hope it returns once the works are finished.
Yeah, that's the biggest shame for sure. Never mind the ballache boltholing causes, or the extra work everyone at Waddo enjoys around the airshow so a bunch of spotter dorks can spit sex wee over some aeroplanes. Fuck them, the purpose of Waddington isn't to provide enjoyment for a minority segment of the public.
Hey Downsizer, why don't you try saying what you mean instead of sitting on the fence

You never disapoint, thats for sure. :lol:

shark bait
Pitcairn Island

Post by shark bait »

downsizer wrote:
Well waddo will be back regardless how long the works take, where as their is a real risk there won't be another air show.

Shows are not the sole purpose, but I think shows are important to show the public what their paying for, and it is effectively marketing to secure more funds in the future. There are some important parts to them besides wargasms
@LandSharkUK

downsizer

Post by downsizer »

shark bait wrote:
downsizer wrote:
Well waddo will be back regardless how long the works take, where as their is a real risk there won't be another air show.

Shows are not the sole purpose, but I think shows are important to show the public what their paying for, and it is effectively marketing to secure more funds in the future. There are some important parts to them besides wargasms
No fucking shit sherlock, but to suggest the biggest shame in this delay is the loss of an airshow, is right up there in the many fantastical quotes on here of late.

Frankly I'd be glad to never lose another weekend to that kind of shit, and don't even get me started on armed forces day. :evil:

marktigger
United Kingdom

Post by marktigger »

downsizer wrote:
stopped going to waddington as it is in decline which won't stop. RIAT should be main focus and allot of the regional stuff run down