Science Fiction & Fantasy - News and Discussion

For everything that doesn't fit elsewhere; literature, movies, video games - whatever you desire.
arfah
Niue

Re: Star Wars - News and Discussion

Post by arfah »

Good! They can start behaving like adults now.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-38368526
Admin Note: This user is banned after turning most of their old posts into spam. This is why you may see their posts containing nothing more than dots or symbols. We have decided to keep these posts in place as it shows where they once were and why other users may be replying to things no longer visible in the topic. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Pseudo
Tuvalu

Post by Pseudo »

I enjoyed it a lot. The first hour was a bit meh and there were a few bits which felt a bit over the top, but generally it was crackingly good.

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

Not much is known at this time,but it's being reported that Carrie Fisher suffered a 'massive heart attack' while on a flight from London to LA and was rushed on landing to an LA hospital, where she is said to be 'critical'

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Her brother, Todd Fisher has now confirmed she is now "stable" and "out of emergency".

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

It's been announced by her family that Carrie Fisher has passed away. :'(

dmereifield
United Kingdom

Post by dmereifield »

Very sad news

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

"Thank you to everyone who has embraced the gifts and talents of my beloved and amazing daughter. I am grateful for your thoughts and prayers that are now guiding her to her next stop." - Debbie Reynolds (Carrie Fisher's mother)
"It is with a very deep sadness that Billie Lourd confirms that her beloved mother Carrie Fisher passed away at 8:55 this morning. She was loved by the world and she will be missed profoundly. Our entire family thanks you for your thoughts and prayers." - Billie Lourd (Carrie's daughter)
"We were deeply saddened to learn of the passing of Carrie Fisher, who in addition to being both a celebrated actor and author, is a cherished member of the Lucasfilm family. She was adored by all who knew her for her endearing personality and delightfully sharp wit. Carrie and I have been friends most of our adult lives. She was extremely smart; a talented actress, writer and comedienne with a very colorful personality that everyone loved. In Star Wars she was our great and powerful princess – feisty, wise and full of hope in a role that was more difficult than most people might think. My heart and prayers are with Billie, Debbie and all Carrie’s family, friends and fans. She will be missed by all.” – George Lucas
"It's never easy to lose such a vital, irreplaceable member of the family, but this is downright heartbreaking. Carrie was one-of-a-kind who belonged to us all- whether she liked it or not. She was OUR Princess, damn it, & the actress who played her blurred into one gorgeous, fiercely independent & ferociously funny, take-charge woman who took our collective breath away. Determined & tough, but with a vulnerability that made you root for her & want her to succeed & be happy. She played such a crucial role in my professional & personal life, & both would have been far emptier without her. I am grateful for the laughter, the wisdom, the kindness & even the bratty, self-indulgent crap my beloved space-twin gave me through the years. Thanks Carrie. I love you, mh" - Mark Hamill
“Carrie was one-of-a-kind…brilliant, original. Funny and emotionally fearless. She lived her life, bravely…My thoughts are with her daughter Billie, her mother Debbie, her brother Todd, and her many friends. We will all miss her.” - Harrison Ford
"There are no words for this loss. Carrie was the brightest light in every room she entered. I will miss her dearly." - Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca)
“I thought I had got what I wanted under the tree. I didn’t. In spite of so many thoughts and prayers from so many. I am very, very sad.” - Anthony Daniels (C-3PO)
"I'm deeply saddened at the news of Carrie's passing. She was a dear friend, whom I greatly respected and admired. The force is dark today!" - Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian)
"I am extremely sad to learn of Carrie's passing. She was wonderful to work with. Condolences to her friends, family & fans around the world." - David Prowse (Darth Vader)
“Carrie holds such a special place in the hearts of everyone at Lucasfilm it is difficult to think of a world without her. She was Princess Leia to the world but a very special friend to all of us. She had an indomitable spirit, incredible wit, and a loving heart. Carrie also defined the female hero of our age over a generation ago. Her groundbreaking role as Princess Leia served as an inspiration of power and confidence for young girls everywhere. We will miss her dearly.” – Kathleen Kennedy, President, Lucasfilm
“Carrie Fisher was one-of-a-kind, a true character who shared her talent and her truth with us all with her trademark wit and irreverence. Millions fell in love with her as the indomitable Princess Leia; she will always have a special place in the hearts of Star Wars fans as well as all of us who were lucky enough to know her personally. She will be sorely missed, and we join millions of fans and friends around the world who mourn her loss today.” - Bob Iger, CEO The Walt Disney Company

Little J
United Kingdom

Post by Little J »

R.I.P. :cry:

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Carrie Fisher's mother, Debbie Reynolds was rushed to hospital after suffering a stress related stroke. She died one day after her daughter.
:shock:

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

Utterly heartbreaking...

bobp
United Kingdom

Post by bobp »

I'm shocked that Debbie Reynolds died following the news of her daughters death. May they rest in peace.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

WARNING! Total cost £893 over 2 years. (100 issues 1 x £2.99, 99 x £8.99)
This model is based off the assumption that the full size R2-D2 is 96cm tall. He isn't, he's 109cm tall. Google it! (This "half scale" 48cm tall model of R2 is shorter than the actual half-scale of 54.5cm tall.) Also, its only controllable via a smartphone and can't be operated with a proper RC unit.

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

Star Wars VIII : The Last Jedi. Official title for the next part of the 'Skywalker Saga'

http://www.starwars.com/news/the-offici ... C785924754

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Well... thats different. It'll grow on me I suppose... :roll:

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

As it's been pointed out to me by my Star Wars mad brother, Luke is regarded as a myth in TFA ... the myth of the Last Jedi. he may not be the actual last Jedi out there (Remember, Rey is just using the force blindly, she didn't choose a path, in TFA).

the interesting things for me (and my brother) is that this is listed as part of the 'Skywalker Saga' and that the logo is Red, not gold as TFA

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Star Wars: Han Solo filming has begun.

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

Star Wars : Red Cup.... interesting place name for the movie...

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

* deleted *

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Star Wars spoof in production, titled:
"Star Worlds Episode XXXIVE=MC2: The Force Awakens The Last Jedi Who Went Rogue"

(Variety)
A spoof of the Star Wars franchise is in development with Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, whose credits include the Scary Movie franchise, “Epic Movie” and “Vampires Suck.”

The duo will write and direct the project, titled “Star Worlds Episode XXXIVE=MC2: The Force Awakens The Last Jedi Who Went Rogue.” Covert Media’s CEO Paul Hanson (“District 9”) is producing the film alongside Broken Road Productions’ Todd Garner (“True Memoirs of an International Assassin”).

The film is currently in pre-production targeting a fall shoot. “Star Worlds” is being fully financed by Covert Media, whic will launch worldwide sales on the film at the Berlin Film Festival this week.

“Jason and Aaron are a powerhouse duo who have proven time and time again that they are fully tapped into the what audiences love,” Hanson said. “Their fearless take on pop culture has us beyond thrilled to tackle the world’s most popular franchise with the two of them leading us into a galaxy far, far away.”

The film is the second project announced under the two-year first look deal between Covert and Broken Road. The partnership announced the underwater thriller “Resurface” in May at the Cannes Film Festival.

Executive producers on “Star Worlds” include Covert’s Elissa Friedman, Media Content Capital’s Sasha Shapiro and Anton Lessine and Broken Road’s Jeremy Stein.

Mel Brooks spoofed the first three “Star Wars” movies in 1987 with “Spaceballs,” which starred Brooks, Bill Pullman, John Candy, Rick Moranis, Daphne Zuniga and Dick Van Patten. “Spaceballs” grossed $38 million domestically for MGM.

Friedberg and Seltzer are represented by Fourth Wall Management and Paradigm. The deal was negotiated by Covert’s Chet Devaskar and Paradigm on behalf of the filmmakers.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

* deleted *

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Episode 8 Spoilers....
(Don't look if you don't want to know!)
^An imagine of the three new principal cast members of Star Wars The Last Jedi, taken off some merchandise packaging. Poe and Finn are unchanged, but Rey has a new hair style and some bruises above her left eye....
Some other news, there will be a First Order Super-Star Destroyer in The Last Jedi, but much more sleeker and darker than those seen in the Original Trology films....

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

The Last Jedi is plural
Its now clearly evident that the "Jedi" in "The Last Jedi" has been confirmed as being plural. Several European language versions of the official title for Episode VIII have been released and all mostly make references to plural Jedi.
http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/02/ ... lural.html