UKDF Forum Update 18/11/21

Site-related information.
R686
Australia

Re: UKDF Forum Update 18/11/21

Post by R686 »

Caribbean wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 09:49 I hadn't noticed that feature, so thanks for that!

I tend to use the "Unread Posts" button, then select from the listed topics, which takes me to the last post that I read in that topic, which I think is what you are trying to achieve (apologies if not).

Yep do the same, it’s just that the other forum I visit I do the same hit the unread then hit the title of that thread and that will go back to where I was last, no more scrolling to find where you left off. It’s a god send

Repulse
Donator
United Kingdom

Post by Repulse »

Beth wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 10:17The reason the old themes had to be deleted was that some weren’t compatible with the new update and realistically the forum software was outdated by a good few years and to prevent having further issues, an update had to be carried out.
Thanks Beth - the new layout is much cleaner.

A couple of things that seem to have been lost which I liked as it avoided long repetitions of what had been previously posted.
- Right click on a contributor's name to reference them in a reply.
- Select only parts of the text to reference in a reply.

Will these come back at some point?
”We have no eternal allies, and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and perpetual, and those interests it is our duty to follow." - Lord Palmerston

Beth
Site Admin
England

Post by Beth »

Repulse wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 11:28
Beth wrote: 19 Nov 2021, 10:17The reason the old themes had to be deleted was that some weren’t compatible with the new update and realistically the forum software was outdated by a good few years and to prevent having further issues, an update had to be carried out.
Thanks Beth - the new layout is much cleaner.

A couple of things that seem to have been lost which I liked as it avoided long repetitions of what had been previously posted.
- Right click on a contributor's name to reference them in a reply.
- Select only parts of the text to reference in a reply.

Will these come back at some point?
Unfortunately the plug in that did those things is incompatible with the most up to date forum software. We will keep an eye out though.
For any general site or moderation queries, please feel free to PM me.
Help keep UK Defence Forum online

The Armchair Soldier
Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by The Armchair Soldier »

Repulse wrote: 20 Nov 2021, 11:28 - Select only parts of the text to reference in a reply.
This has now been added back, albeit slightly differently.

Repulse
Donator
United Kingdom

Post by Repulse »

Thanks, looks good
”We have no eternal allies, and we have no perpetual enemies. Our interests are eternal and perpetual, and those interests it is our duty to follow." - Lord Palmerston

Poiuytrewq
United Kingdom

Post by Poiuytrewq »

Is the partial quote function still working?

Beth
Site Admin
England

Post by Beth »

Poiuytrewq wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 10:30 Is the partial quote function still working?
Works for me :)

Caribbean
United Kingdom

Post by Caribbean »

Are you planning to re-instate the "like" feature at any point? Perhaps as "agree" or something a little "lower-key"
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill

Beth
Site Admin
England

Post by Beth »

Caribbean wrote: 27 Nov 2021, 14:01 Are you planning to re-instate the "like" feature at any point? Perhaps as "agree" or something a little "lower-key"
We are - the issue is that the old likes plug-in was never updated for this forum software version. Therefore all previous likes would be lost, which would be incredibly unfortunate.

Caribbean
United Kingdom

Post by Caribbean »

Yes - it would be a shame to loose the old records. Presumably a new, compatible, plug-in will come along at some point
The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
Winston Churchill

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Happy 7th Birthday to the UKDF!
(29th April 2015 - 29th April 2022)
7th-birthday-27.gif
:clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup: :clap: :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
These users liked the author SKB for the post (total 4):
CaribbeanRepulsebobpThe Armchair Soldier

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Happy Eighth Birthday to the UKDF!!!
(29th April 2015 - 29th April 2023)
8th-birthday-7.gif
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
These users liked the author SKB for the post (total 6):
new guyTheLoneRangerLittle JdmereifieldThe Armchair SoldierTimmymagic

TheLoneRanger
United Kingdom

Post by TheLoneRanger »

Hi Admins,

It is possible to change the site, that after you login in, if you select a topic, it "automatically" takes you to the first unread post? Right now, you have to manually select "First Unread Post" - a bit annoying . Most other defence sites take you to the first unread post automatically..

The Armchair Soldier
Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by The Armchair Soldier »

TheLoneRanger wrote: 24 Mar 2024, 09:45 Hi Admins,

It is possible to change the site, that after you login in, if you select a topic, it "automatically" takes you to the first unread post? Right now, you have to manually select "First Unread Post" - a bit annoying . Most other defence sites take you to the first unread post automatically..
You can jump to the first unread post by clicking these icons:

These users liked the author The Armchair Soldier for the post:
new guy