Donald Trump

For discussions on politics and current events.
Pseudo
Tuvalu

Re: 'Block Donald Trump' UK Parliament Petition!

Post by Pseudo »

seaspear wrote:Whats really funny is that unless there is an international arrest warrant from the Hague anyone else is welcome
Absolutely true, except for Abdullah Qadri Al Ahdal, Yunis Al Astal, Stephen Donald Black, Wadgy Abd El Hamied Mohamed Ghoneim, Erich Gliebe, Mike Guzovsky, Safwat Hijazi, Nasr Javed, Samir Kuntar, Abdul Alim Musa, Shirley Phelps-Roper, Artur Ryno, Amir Siddique, Pavel Skachevsky and Michael Savage.

There's also a big list of people who have been temporarily or permanently refused entry that includes Chris Brown, Busta Rhymes, Abo Obama (Barack Obama's alledged half-brother), Martha Stewart, Mike Tyson, and a bunch of folks who are mostly at the crazy bastard end of the religious scale or have Mugabe as their surname.

seaspear
Australia

Post by seaspear »

As D.T is a potential president which world leaders are banned ,there are a number with blood on their hands and serious human rights abuses ,far more serious than being obnoxious

raven111
United Kingdom

Post by raven111 »

seaspear wrote:As D.T is a potential president which world leaders are banned ,there are a number with blood on their hands and serious human rights abuses ,far more serious than being obnoxious
I dunno, "Considered to be engaging in unacceptable behaviour by fostering hatred which might lead to inter-community violence in the United Kingdom" has been given as a justification for entry bans in the past.

Pseudo
Tuvalu

Post by Pseudo »

seaspear wrote:As D.T is a potential president which world leaders are banned ,there are a number with blood on their hands and serious human rights abuses ,far more serious than being obnoxious
Mugabe's the only one I can think of off the top of my head.

seaspear
Australia

Post by seaspear »

D.T makes many comments about the Mexico American border and the need for more fencing ,Mexico might think it needed to stop the flooding of democrats to Mexico should DT win

SKB
England

Re: Donald Trump

Post by SKB »

Donald Trump's wife 'borrows' from Michelle Obama speech from 2008

:lol:

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Meanwhile, another US politician, John Kerry arrived in London today.... :roll:

R686
Australia

Post by R686 »

Pity the election could not be between Melina and Hillary, I know which one I'd vote for :D

But realistically glad I don't have to vote in that election, hard enough between our own two weasels a few weeks ago.

marktigger
United Kingdom

Post by marktigger »

i feel sorry for the Americans they are Between a "Rock and a Hard Place" in this election!

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

genuinely scares me how much of the US think Trump is a viable option to run the country... I thought we had it bad over here with Farage & his racist bullcrap.... he's nothing compared to Trump.

Hilary isn't perfect by any means... but if I had the chance to vote i'd go for her without a second thought. i'd rather someone who can't use Emails properly than a racist lunatic any day

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Trump employee admits speech "mistake"
(BBC)
An employee of the Trump Organisation, Meredith McIver, has admitted her role in writing Melania Trump's speech at the Republican National Convention. Mrs Trump, the third wife of Republican candidate Donald Trump, faced accusations that parts of her speech had plagiarised Michelle Obama.

Lines in the speech matched almost word for word those delivered by Mrs Obama at the Democrats' convention in 2008.
Ms McIver said her offer to resign was rejected by the Trumps.

"This was my mistake, and I feel terrible for the chaos I have caused," she said in a statement.
Apology PDF: https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/MeredithStatement.pdf

marktigger
United Kingdom

Post by marktigger »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07 ... sf31414171

So Trump won't Guarantee NATO members security!

Pseudo
Tuvalu

Post by Pseudo »

marktigger wrote:http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07 ... sf31414171

So Trump won't Guarantee NATO members security!
Yeah. He apparently wants to turn NATO in to a protection racket.

R686
Australia

Post by R686 »

I watched his speech at the convention(fox) he's doing nothing different from other politicians if you ask me. He's going after the lowest common denominator with the working class saying thing they want to here about free trade and all that, how he's going to renegotiate free trade agreements that make it better for Americans and industry or he will walk away from them.

He will either bankrupt America with these policy and return the US to isolationism or will get a dose of realty dealing with foreign governments, either way the US is in for a rough ride and my bet is if he dose get in will only be for one term.

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

marktigger wrote:i feel sorry for the Americans they are Between a "Rock and a Hard Place" in this election!
I felt that way when they elected Bush Jnr, but when they re-elected him any benefit of doubt regarding "honest mistakes" evaporated.

Then again, look what decades of EU bashing by the tabloids achieved with the UK electorate... sometimes people just won't see, or don'twant to see what is in their interest - and rhetoric carries the day.
Ever-lasting truths: Multi-year budgets/ planning by necessity have to address the painful questions; more often than not the Either-Or prevails over Both-And.
If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking (attributed to Patton)

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

Wow, that Torygraph article is painting a picture:

First of all, Boris providing the voice of reason (into the discussion about NATO).

Putin endorsing Trump (there is no quote provided, though, to substantiate that).

Now the American university folks, judges and teachers know what's coming their way:
"Mr Trump also refused to criticise Turkey for cracking down on political opponents and restricting civil liberties."

May be the heatwave has just got to the journalist?
Ever-lasting truths: Multi-year budgets/ planning by necessity have to address the painful questions; more often than not the Either-Or prevails over Both-And.
If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking (attributed to Patton)

marktigger
United Kingdom

Post by marktigger »

it would be nice if the Americans Voted Libertarian party or if really desperate voted Green before voting for either of the 2 clowns put up by the main parties

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

John Lanchester wrote this analysis how Britain's political system has started to work (to explain Brexit vote). At he end of the longish quote (published in LRB) you will find out that someone we keep hearing about had done the same analysis for the US, but much earlier:

1"The trouble with where we are now is that the configuration of the parties doesn’t match the issues which need to be resolved. To simplify, the Tories are a coalition of nationalists, who voted out, and business interests, who voted in; Labour is a coalition of urban liberals, who voted in, and the working class, who voted out. This means that if a general election were held tomorrow on the single issue of the referendum, the voter wouldn’t know whom to vote for. It wouldn’t be at all clear which faction in either party was likely to prevail when the hugely important details of what Brexit means come to be debated.

This problem was compounded, or even created, by the nature of the Leave campaign. Leave’s arguments were based on lies. The first of these was that Britain ‘sends’ £350 million a week to the EU. This is a straightforward, knowing falsehood, and the fact that so many prominent Brexiters started rowing backwards on it the day after the vote is a sign that they knew it all along. The campaign’s second big lie was that the UK would be able to have access to the single market without accepting the free movement of people from the EU. No country has this arrangement, and there is no reason to think it is possible."

and... 2:
http://www.snopes.com/wordpress/wp-cont ... people.jpg
from People Magazine of 1998!

Pseudo
Tuvalu

Post by Pseudo »

ArmChairCivvy wrote:John Lanchester wrote this analysis how Britain's political system has started to work (to explain Brexit vote). At he end of the longish quote (published in LRB) you will find out that someone we keep hearing about had done the same analysis for the US, but much earlier:

1"The trouble with where we are now is that the configuration of the parties doesn’t match the issues which need to be resolved. To simplify, the Tories are a coalition of nationalists, who voted out, and business interests, who voted in; Labour is a coalition of urban liberals, who voted in, and the working class, who voted out. This means that if a general election were held tomorrow on the single issue of the referendum, the voter wouldn’t know whom to vote for. It wouldn’t be at all clear which faction in either party was likely to prevail when the hugely important details of what Brexit means come to be debated.

This problem was compounded, or even created, by the nature of the Leave campaign. Leave’s arguments were based on lies. The first of these was that Britain ‘sends’ £350 million a week to the EU. This is a straightforward, knowing falsehood, and the fact that so many prominent Brexiters started rowing backwards on it the day after the vote is a sign that they knew it all along. The campaign’s second big lie was that the UK would be able to have access to the single market without accepting the free movement of people from the EU. No country has this arrangement, and there is no reason to think it is possible."
As far as the Labour vote was concerned there's a pretty straight line between Corbyn's office deliberately sabotaging the Remain campaign and the underwhelming results for Remain in metropolitan Labour areas outside of London.
and... 2:
http://www.snopes.com/wordpress/wp-cont ... people.jpg
from People Magazine of 1998!
I've seen that a few times. I can understand why it wasn't used by his opponents in the primary campaign because he was lifting the veil on something his opponents equally rely on. Hillary Clinton doesn't have that to consider, so I imagine that quote will feature quite prominently in her campaign at some point because it'll chime with moderate Republicans who are suspicious of Trump and don't believe he's a Republican. It might not win Hillary their vote, but it's as good for her if it denies votes to Trump by pushing some moderate Republicans toward voting for Gary Johnson.

WhitestElephant
United Kingdom

Post by WhitestElephant »

If Trump becomes President, I would expect UK defence spending to rise to 2.5% or even 3%.

Americans are fed up with NATO-EU members, why should they guarantee the security of estranged faraway people, who cannot even be bothered to provide adequate funds for their own security?

The UK will have to step up.
Though we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are. - Lord Tennyson (Ulysses)

swoop
Pitcairn Island

Post by swoop »

marktigger wrote:i feel sorry for the Americans they are Between a "Rock and a Hard Place" in this election!
It is quite simply, a "no contest".

The American voter has no choice.
Both are retarded criminal scum who have no place in politics. Congress should govern for the next term without a President, since neither party has put forward a person suitable for the position.

marktigger
United Kingdom

Post by marktigger »

the american voter have 4 choices

Democrat
Republican
Libertarian
Greens

and there will possibly be other parties standing to

Cooper
Korea North

Post by Cooper »

I think there's too many skeletons in the closet for either of them to survive a first term without being impeached TBH.

R686
Australia

Post by R686 »

Cooper wrote:I think there's too many skeletons in the closet for either of them to survive a first term without being impeached TBH.
Can't be impeached for doing something before becoming president, as far as I know you could be a convicted felon and still become president if elected, Hillary hasn't reached that stage yet

S M H
United Kingdom

Post by S M H »

Bililarry has to be treated as innocent till proven guilty. But then Mr Trump and Mrs Clinton are the preverbal 'Kettle calling the pot black.'