Future UK Maritime Patrol Options

Contains threads on Joint Service equipment of the past, present and future.
arfah
Niue

Re: Future UK Maritime Patrol Options

Post by arfah »

jimthelad wrote:At the risk of stirring the maelstrom again: 3 OTU airframes leased stateside in 2016, 1 of which is 'ours already' and then 3 + 6 bought over the next 4 budgetary years from within the conveniently unallocated Boeing serials. Sources: none I would care to share, if I'm wrong I will eat a hat of the forums choosing, that said I have called the last few correctly.
Well done, bravo! :lol:
Admin Note: This user is banned after turning most of their old posts into spam. This is why you may see their posts containing nothing more than dots or symbols. We have decided to keep these posts in place as it shows where they once were and why other users may be replying to things no longer visible in the topic. We apologise for any inconvenience.

Lugzy
Mongolia

Post by Lugzy »

Great news , I did think the P-8 was the only realistic contender , but I must admit I did not think they would pull the trigger on a actual purchase yet , :D

The Armchair Soldier
Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by The Armchair Soldier »

arfah wrote:
jimthelad wrote:At the risk of stirring the maelstrom again: 3 OTU airframes leased stateside in 2016, 1 of which is 'ours already' and then 3 + 6 bought over the next 4 budgetary years from within the conveniently unallocated Boeing serials. Sources: none I would care to share, if I'm wrong I will eat a hat of the forums choosing, that said I have called the last few correctly.
Yes, well done, Jim. Quite sure the whole forum will take your word as gospel from now on. :P

bobp
United Kingdom

Post by bobp »

Never doubted your word, well said and thanks.

jonas
United Kingdom

Post by jonas »

The Armchair Soldier wrote:
arfah wrote:
Yes, well done, Jim. Quite sure the whole forum will take your word as gospel from now on. :P
Some of us didn't doubt his word in the first place :D

shark bait
Pitcairn Island

Post by shark bait »

Lugzy wrote:Great news , I did think the P-8 was the only realistic contender , but I must admit I did not think they would pull the trigger on a actual purchase yet , :D
My thoughts exactly!
Glad to see they're not going to piss about, knowing full well they are only going to buy the P8.
@LandSharkUK

shark bait
Pitcairn Island

Post by shark bait »

downsizer wrote:Sarcasm old bean. I said all along p8 or we were out of the game.

Good result IMO.
somethings wrong.....

....... downsizer almost seems pleased with something :lol: :lol:
@LandSharkUK

jonas
United Kingdom

Post by jonas »

The Armchair Soldier wrote:The P-8s will be based at Lossiemouth:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-n ... d-34898079
In the same article it also states T26 will be cut from 13 to 8, you believe that as well do you ? More BBC misreporting.

raven111
United Kingdom

Post by raven111 »

Anyone got access to the actual document so we can check what actually is misreporting and what's just being assumed so because of a discrepancy between the reporting and the scuttlebutt?

bobp
United Kingdom

Post by bobp »

PM speech first I guess :(

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

raven111 wrote:Anyone got access to the actual document so we can check what actually is misreporting and what's just being assumed so because of a discrepancy between the reporting and the scuttlebutt?
Freeview 131 - BBC Parliament channel.

15:30hrs, Dave will be making a speech.
Admin Note: This user is banned after turning most of their old posts into spam. This is why you may see their posts containing nothing more than dots or symbols. We have decided to keep these posts in place as it shows where they once were and why other users may be replying to things no longer visible in the topic. We apologise for any inconvenience.

raven111
United Kingdom

Post by raven111 »

arfah wrote:
raven111 wrote:Anyone got access to the actual document so we can check what actually is misreporting and what's just being assumed so because of a discrepancy between the reporting and the scuttlebutt?
Freeview 131 - BBC Parliament channel.

15:30hrs, Dave will be making a speech.
...Yeah, I'm gonna be in a lecture then and anyway I'm at uni without a TV license.

~UNiOnJaCk~
United Kingdom

Post by ~UNiOnJaCk~ »

Seems here a lot of people now owe Jim both an apology and a pint! Never doubted him for a second myself and i am sure he can take more than just a bit of satisfaction from this, as is his right! :D

Still waiting on the meat of this SDSR though. So far it has all been media hand-me-downs it seems. Eager to hear about the T26, JCA and manning. BBC is suggesting that the T26 order is expected to be cut with the SNP claiming that the P-8's will be responsible. Does the SNP know something we don't already??? Hope it's not true (the T26 being slashed) but either way the SNP's crying is both typically petulant and complete hogwash to boot.

The Armchair Soldier
Site Admin
United Kingdom

jonas wrote:
The Armchair Soldier wrote:The P-8s will be based at Lossiemouth:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-n ... d-34898079
In the same article it also states T26 will be cut from 13 to 8, you believe that as well do you ? More BBC misreporting.
Turns out neither of those were misreported by the BBC. ;)

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

At least three in service before the end of this parliament IIRC

CR4ZYHOR5E
United Kingdom

Post by CR4ZYHOR5E »

In service date...'at least 3 of the MPA will be in service by the end of the parliament'.

The Armchair Soldier
Site Admin
United Kingdom

It is now time to lay this thread to rest. Please take your P-8 discussions to the new P-8 thread created by SKB:

http://ukdefenceforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=43&p=11831