Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carriers - News and Discussion

Contains threads on Royal Navy equipment of the past, present and future.
cockneyjock1974
United Kingdom

Re: Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carriers - News and Discussion

Post by cockneyjock1974 »

ACA engineer who has just rejoined QE and has not been on her since Invergordon, has just stated the ship is far more RN than ACA now, its gleaming. Unfortunately the snagging list is extensive and there appears to be a race on to get her ready for the next sea trials.
Unfortunately one of the items on the snagging list is a replacement window on flyco :o :o

QEC Eye in the SKY
United Kingdom

Post by QEC Eye in the SKY »

cockneyjock1974 wrote:ACA engineer who has just rejoined QE and has not been on her since Invergordon, has just stated the ship is far more RN than ACA now, its gleaming. Unfortunately the snagging list is extensive and there appears to be a race on to get her ready for the next sea trials.
Unfortunately one of the items on the snagging list is a replacement window on flyco :o :o

I know this has been posted before, but this window could do with being replaced also !!

rbw91
United Kingdom

Post by rbw91 »

The Armchair Soldier wrote:
Cool video. All the while QE remains in the background covered in tent as they spray the deck with the heat resistant stuff.

whitelancer
United Kingdom

Post by whitelancer »

QEC Eye in the SKY wrote:I know this has been posted before, but this window could do with being replaced also !!
On a brand new ship that's really bad.
How could it have got in such a state?

Ron5
Donator
United States of America

Post by Ron5 »

whitelancer wrote:
QEC Eye in the SKY wrote:I know this has been posted before, but this window could do with being replaced also !!
On a brand new ship that's really bad.
How could it have got in such a state?
You've not been to Scotland then?

whitelancer
United Kingdom

Post by whitelancer »

Ron5 wrote:You've not been to Scotland then?
Your not telling me it might be a bit damp north of the border. :o

QE may have been some years in the making but if something could deteriorate so badly sat in a dock, even a Scottish one, what's going to happen once it starts ploughing through the North Atlantic.
Oh and I have been to Scotland, well a few times.

Ron5
Donator
United States of America

Post by Ron5 »

All said in humor and yes, the North Atlantic just shades Scotland for bad weather. But only just. :-)

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Ron5 wrote:All said in humor and yes, the North Atlantic just shades Scotland for bad weather. But only just. :-)
QE is not that much safer in Portsmouth, the third windiest city in the whole UK! :o
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/ampp3d/uks ... ty-4966116

"Time to bring on a sub(marine)".. ;)

Spinflight
United Kingdom

Post by Spinflight »

No midgies in the North Atlantic though.

cockneyjock1974
United Kingdom

You lot don't have a clue about Scotland, I managed to sit in my garden 7 times this summer! Bloody luxury :twisted:

indeid

Post by indeid »

cockneyjock1974 wrote:You lot don't have a clue about Scotland, I managed to sit in my garden 7 times this summer! Bloody luxury :twisted:
Gortex is a great invention.....

ArmChairCivvy
United Kingdom

Post by ArmChairCivvy »

indeid wrote:Gortex is a great invention.....
Breathability further improved if you stand by a bbq in it, flipping burgers
Ever-lasting truths: Multi-year budgets/ planning by necessity have to address the painful questions; more often than not the Either-Or prevails over Both-And.
If everyone is thinking the same, then someone is not thinking (attributed to Patton)

Dahedd

Post by Dahedd »

I have to say that its been a particularly shite summer here in Morayshire this year :cry:

R686
Australia

Post by R686 »

cockneyjock1974 wrote:You lot don't have a clue about Scotland, I managed to sit in my garden 7 times this summer! Bloody luxury :twisted:
Best try a different location if you want to sit in your garden more often, might I suggest Darwin in the winter for an average around 24-30 still warm enough to open a long neck.

PhillyJ
England

Post by PhillyJ »

My Cousin was a Wing Cdr at RAF Leuchars and invited my Brother and I to stay over at hers and enjoy the airshow one year. Bearing in mind this was September in Scotland us Southern soft B*******s assumed that it would be freezing and packed suitable clothing for being on an airfield with no cover for the time of the year...I can still see the looks on the faces of the shop staff in the local Leuchars shops when I asked if they still had any suncream in stock, needless to say it was extremely hot that entire weekend! :lol:

seaspear
Australia

Post by seaspear »

PhillyJ wrote:
My Cousin was a Wing Cdr at RAF Leuchars and invited my Brother and I to stay over at hers and enjoy the airshow one year. Bearing in mind this was September in Scotland us Southern soft B*******s assumed that it would be freezing and packed suitable clothing for being on an airfield with no cover for the time of the year...I can still see the looks on the faces of the shop staff in the local Leuchars shops when I asked if they still had any suncream in stock, needless to say it was extremely hot that entire weekend! :lol:
MMM must of been like a melanoma farm real high risk lol

cockneyjock1974
United Kingdom

R686 wrote:
Best try a different location if you want to sit in your garden more often, might I suggest Darwin in the winter for an average around 24-30 still warm enough to open a long neck.
I'd rather eat the undigested food in my stomach than live in Australia. Half the bloody country works in the pubs in Edinburgh and the ones I've spoke to don't want to go back. No offence but I like the cold.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

There's no such thing as 'bad weather', only the 'wrong clothes'. ;)

R686
Australia

Post by R686 »

cockneyjock1974 wrote:
R686 wrote:
I'd rather eat the undigested food in my stomach than live in Australia. Half the bloody country works in the pubs in Edinburgh and the ones I've spoke to don't want to go back. No offence but I like the cold.

Your missing out on some top notch tucker then, and you don't even need a BBQ

At least if he runs out of ammo he can always hit them over the head with his frypan

seaspear
Australia

Post by seaspear »

Re eating contents of ones stomach again , sounds like Haggis

RetroSicotte
Retired Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by RetroSicotte »

Haggis isn't something's stomach silly.

You catch haggis.

Spinflight
United Kingdom

Post by Spinflight »

They only come out in the sun, hence the rarity of sightings. :)

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

It seems the RN and the QEC captain's are now doing commercials for Land Rover....

^ Captains Groom (PoW, left) and Kydd (QE, right) with a Land Rover. Either they did this before QE sea trials began in June, or PoW has suddenly and miraculously been floated out and had her crest painted over.... ;)

Full article in The Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/feature ... ier-takes/

Cooper
Korea North

Post by Cooper »

SKB wrote:It seems the RN and the QEC captain's are now doing commercials for Land Rover....
They'd better get used it, given the number of tedious trade missions the carriers will have to host during their lifetimes, acting as an ambassador for UK PLC.

shark bait
Pitcairn Island

Post by shark bait »

for the second time http://www.motortrend.com/cars/land-rov ... ve-review/

Nothing wrong with the government promoting on of the UK's biggest employers. The Red Arrows are promoting Aston Martin!
@LandSharkUK