Donald Trump

For discussions on politics and current events.
Defiance
Donator
United Kingdom

Re: Donald Trump

Post by Defiance »

Very bold move if he did that, the Muslim Ban could at least be argued about being for national security but that would just be outright discrimination.

downsizer

Post by downsizer »

SDL wrote:Also whispers starting that Trump will sign an EO this week (possible as early as tonight) that'll make it legal to sack people based on their sexuality and allow other forms of discrimination against the LGBT community.
I call bullshit.

Legitimate link....?

Pseudo
Tuvalu

Post by Pseudo »

SDL wrote:Also whispers starting that Trump will sign an EO this week (possible as early as tonight) that'll make it legal to sack people based on their sexuality and allow other forms of discrimination against the LGBT community.
I'd seen similar rumours but after the opposition of this week it seems that Pence will have to wait.

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

There were a few different reporters commenting on the whispers, but it does look like Pence has been forced to step back from any repeal of LGBT legislation, white house have today said the 2014 legislation will stay in effect.... problem is we know it's only going to be around temporarily. the minute Pence thinks he can push his sick views on America, then he'll do it.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Trump and the Aussie PM Malcolm Turnbull have not had a good start...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-38837263

Dahedd

Post by Dahedd »

Any one up for a giggle should check out the last few pages of the Trump thread on the Singletrack Mountain Bike forums. Apparently the EU should stand up too Trump with military force & drive all US assets from Europe. It'll apparently be a walk in the park for the vastly superior EU force vs the old antiquated USAF & Navy.

Someone's been playing too much Counter Strike. In particular read the posts by Tom_W1987 , outofbreath & aracer.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... plies=6031

:lol: :lol:

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

The way Trump's going .... I wouldn't rule out anything anymore.

R686
Australia

Post by R686 »

Dahedd wrote:. Apparently the EU should stand up too Trump with military force & drive all US assets from Europe.
I dont think you would have to go to war to do that, if Trump could get away with it he would, that's a lot of money staying within the US and not being spent abroad.

AstuteAssassin
United Kingdom

Post by AstuteAssassin »

My word they don't hold back when they disagree over at 'singletrackworld'. :lol: :lol:

FuNsTeR

Post by FuNsTeR »

SKB wrote:Trump and the Aussie PM Malcolm Turnbull have not had a good start...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-38837263

any truth in the rumours Trump threatened to Invade Mexico, i thought i heard it mentioned on Sky news this morning

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

Both sides have denied that any claim was made... but I wouldn't put it past Trump to threaten sending in the troops (Didn't he say it at least once in the campaign?)

the toddler in chief has had quite the temper tantrum on twitter today over the Judge blocking the Muslim Ban...

Galloglass
Ireland

Post by Galloglass »

Yes....He said if Mexico couldn't seal off the border from drug smugglers he would send in the Army.
This "Leader of the Free World" is a nutter pure and simple and shaping up not unlike a former European "Leader"

FuNsTeR

Post by FuNsTeR »

he does not like it when things don't go his way :lol: :lol:

seriously i don't know what he is going to do next, and all this rhetoric over Iran and missile testing the USA never removed all the sanctions they promised, then their is the issue with Iran now having the latest variant of the S-300. it could prove to be quite costly to attack Iran

FuNsTeR

Post by FuNsTeR »

Galloglass wrote:Yes....He said if Mexico couldn't seal off the border from drug smugglers he would send in the Army.
This "Leader of the Free World" is a nutter pure and simple and shaping up not unlike a former European "Leader"
i take it you are referring to that Austrian born dude with the 1 testicle ? i see the similarities with folks calling him "Trumpenreich!" :D

Dahedd

Post by Dahedd »

AstuteAssassin wrote:My word they don't hold back when they disagree over at 'singletrackworld'. :lol: :lol:
Now you know why I really leave the dedicated mountain biking forum. Some real numpties on there.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Commons Speaker John Bercow says Donald Trump will not be permitted to address the House of Lords and House of Commons in Westminster Hall, "An address by a foreign leader to both House of Parliament is not an automatic right. It is an earned honour."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuter ... ament.html

Speaker John Bercow's full reply to Stephen Doughty's Point Of Order question:
What I will say is this. An address by a foreign leader to both House of Parliament is not an automatic right. It is an earned honour. Moreover, there are many precedents for state visits to take place to our country which do not include an address to both Houses of Parliament. That’s the first point.

In relation to Westminster Hall, there are three key holder to Westminster Hall: the speaker of the House of Commons, the Speaker of the House of Lords and the Lord Great Chamberlain. Ordinarily we are able to work by consensus and the hall would be used for a purpose such as an address or another purpose by agreement of the three key holders.

I must say to the Honourable Gentleman, to all who signed his early day motion and to others with strong views about this matter on either side of the argument, that before the imposition of the migrant ban I would myself have been strongly opposed to an address by President Trump in Westminster Hall. After the imposition of the migrant ban by President Trump I am even more strongly opposed to an address by President Trump in Westminster Hall.

So far as the Royal Gallery is concerned, and again I operate on advice, I do not perhaps have as strong a say in that matter. It is in a different part of the building, although customarily an invitation to a visiting leader to deliver an address there would be issued in the names of the two speakers. I would not wish to issue an invitation to President Trump to speak in the Royal Gallery.

And I conclude by saying to the Honourable Gentleman this. We value our relationship with the United States. If a State visit takes place, that is way beyond beyond and above the pay grade of the Speaker. However, as far as this place is concerned, I feel very strongly that our opposition to racism and to sexism and our support for equality before the law and an independent judiciary are hugely important considerations in the House of Commons.

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

Bercow has found his backbone I see...

dmereifield
United Kingdom

Post by dmereifield »

SDL wrote:Bercow has found his backbone I see...
Wouldn't be surprised if he has HMG blessing, or even encouragement, on this. Gets the PM out of a bit of a bind

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

Sneaky way of doing it.... but it makes sense.

dmereifield
United Kingdom

Post by dmereifield »

SDL wrote:Sneaky way of doing it.... but it makes sense.
Just speculation on my part, but I think May is a bit more wily than it seems. She's maneuvered her way through a difficult start to her premiership pretty well

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

This is what Trump would not get...

SDL
United Kingdom

Post by SDL »

It's the right call IMHO. We've got enough idiots in that building, we don't need to import another one...

R686
Australia

Post by R686 »

Don't remember such a despised president since the Nixon/Carter era

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Do other countries count?!
Oops... :mrgreen:

R686
Australia

Post by R686 »

SKB wrote:Do other countries count?!
Oops... :mrgreen:

You could make a whole new thread on that subject alone.

I sometime wonder I'd this article is right,

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politic ... -1.2957688