Glock 17

Contains threads on British Army equipment of the past, present and future.
GastonGlocker
United States of America

Glock 17

Post by GastonGlocker »

Greetings from ND, USA.

As our Beretta M9 continues to hang on as our "Big Army" sidearm of choice (or only choice) , some of us in the know look abroad longingly at the wise choice to go with the Glock 17. Am curious how it is being received and performing for you? Any consistent complaints or accolades?

Thanks.

Tony Williams

Re: Glock 17

Post by Tony Williams »

I've not heard anything from the BA so far. I did hear this week that a couple of different 9mm Glocks (can't recall exactly which models) are now the preferred handguns of SOCOM.

Tinman
United Kingdom

Post by Tinman »

GastonGlocker wrote:Greetings from ND, USA.

As our Beretta M9 continues to hang on as our "Big Army" sidearm of choice (or only choice) , some of us in the know look abroad longingly at the wise choice to go with the Glock 17. Am curious how it is being received and performing for you? Any consistent complaints or accolades?

Thanks.

Tidy, I like it. Then again I prefer the Sig.

GastonGlocker
United States of America

Post by GastonGlocker »

Tony Williams wrote:I've not heard anything from the BA so far. I did hear this week that a couple of different 9mm Glocks (can't recall exactly which models) are now the preferred handguns of SOCOM.
Our SOCOM can carry what makes the most sense:
http://www.usacarry.com/forums/groups/g ... locks.html
I recall Glock 19 and Glock 17’s being mentioned and in some cases, the Glock 22 in .40 S&W with FDE magazines.

GastonGlocker
United States of America

Post by GastonGlocker »

Tinman wrote:
Tidy, I like it. Then again I prefer the Sig.
Thanks for the feedback. Do you know if the Generation 4 G17’s used by the BA comes with the interchangeable backstraps with and without beavertail to fit end-user? Or is it “1 size fits all”?

I have a few Gen 3 and Gen 4’s. With big hands, the beavertail adaptor is night and day difference for me anyway. No slide bite.

Sig makes quality in their original P226/228/229/220 line at least here in the US. There were some QC issues when several new variants appeared leaving the original configs very sought after. Personally, the slide-release location can be a bit of a bugger if thumbs aren’t trained to stay away off that part of the controls. One can inadvertently prevent slide lock on empty by holding it down when it needs to push up off the magazine follower to lock the slide back on empty. Otherwise, very capable of good groups.

What is your SIG variant if I may be so bold?

arfah
Niue

Post by arfah »

-<>-<>-<>-
Admin Note: This user is banned after turning most of their old posts into spam. This is why you may see their posts containing nothing more than dots or symbols. We have decided to keep these posts in place as it shows where they once were and why other users may be replying to things no longer visible in the topic. We apologise for any inconvenience.