Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carriers - News and Discussion

Contains threads on Royal Navy equipment of the past, present and future.
SKB
England

Re: Queen Elizabeth Class Aircraft Carriers - News and Discussion

Post by SKB »

HMS Queen Elizabeth is now officially a commissioned Royal Navy warship :clap: :thumbup:

QEC Eye in the SKY
United Kingdom

Post by QEC Eye in the SKY »

SKB wrote: HMS Queen Elizabeth is now officially a commissioned Royal Navy warship :clap: :thumbup:

I'VE ALREADY POSTED THIS !!! Either like the original POST Or DON'T POST DUPLICATES !!!

RetroSicotte
Retired Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by RetroSicotte »

QEC Eye in the SKY wrote:
SKB wrote: HMS Queen Elizabeth is now officially a commissioned Royal Navy warship :clap: :thumbup:

I'VE ALREADY POSTED THIS !!! Either like the original POST Or DON'T POST DUPLICATES !!!
Dude, chill out. There's a crapton of reports, a crapton of people and a crapton of posting going on rapidly with such a big event. Repeats by accident are almost inevitable.

RetroSicotte
Retired Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by RetroSicotte »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-engla ... f806a0b3ae

^ The BBC continues with their slander and false facts against the ships

Key points from their video titled "Why the Queen Elizabeth doesn't have planes"
- The UK has 10 F-35s (If they'd checked, they'd see its 13)
- The F-35B suffers from maneuverability issues (According to who? Those were disproven as hysterical false facts almost a year ago now)
- Implying that the F-35B program costing more than both carriers (and just listen to her tone of voice) is a huge problem with the carrier program in that a "part" of it cost more than the "total", instead of realising the planes are a separate program for more than just the carriers.
- Consistently using "F-35-B" instead of "F-35B"
- Not once mentioning the good things about what the F-35 brings, only its downsides.
- Using big scary numbers with no context

Smokey
Cyprus

Post by Smokey »

BBC? Just wondering if they’ve mentioned how many schools/hospitals £3.5Bn pays for?

:roll:

QEC Eye in the SKY
United Kingdom

RetroSicotte wrote:

Dude, chill out. There's a crapton of reports, a crapton of people and a crapton of posting going on rapidly with such a big event. Repeats by accident are almost inevitable.
With respect, not by that particular poster they are not. Most contributors to the thread take the time to look through what has been posted prior to posting, but should we have one rule for one and one rule for the rest of us, then congrats to allowing chaos to follow.

PhillyJ
England

Post by PhillyJ »

Does anyone know if the fixed wing flypast happened? I saw the Helicopters but didn't see, nor hear, anything else after that. There was still low cloud over the harbour from what I could see from Portchester which may have stopped it I guess.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

(Pics: NavyLookout/STRN)

bobp
United Kingdom

Post by bobp »

Thank you for sharing the fantastic pictures of QE and the Queen. I notice Land Rovers getting in on the act are they sponsoring the Captains Runabout or something.

RetroSicotte
Retired Site Admin
United Kingdom

Post by RetroSicotte »

RetroSicotte wrote:

With respect, not by that particular poster they are not. Most contributors to the thread take the time to look through what has been posted prior to posting, but should we have one rule for one and one rule for the rest of us, then congrats to allowing chaos to follow.
If you believe we give differing rules to different posters, then that would be incorrect. At the very least, a bit of politeness to ask someone rather than going into "caps lock cruise control" at the slightest grievance would be appreciated on the forum, please.

At the very worst it'll be a harmless mistake or misinterpretation. It's a post of a news report, not someone claiming an essay as their own work or anything.

abc123
United Kingdom

Post by abc123 »

Was it so hard to park at least 5-6 helicopters on deck to have her seem little bit less empty and more similar to that model the Queen was watching? :crazy:
Fortune favors brave sir, said Carrot cheerfully.
What's her position about heavily armed, well prepared and overmanned armies?
Oh, noone's ever heard of Fortune favoring them, sir.
According to General Tacticus, it's because they favor themselves…

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

bobp
United Kingdom

Post by bobp »

Nice picture of QE in harbour SKB I notice the brown deck patches appear to have gone. She is looking shipshape.

QEC Eye in the SKY
United Kingdom

RetroSicotte wrote:
RetroSicotte wrote:

If you believe we give differing rules to different posters, then that would be incorrect. At the very least, a bit of politeness to ask someone rather than going into "caps lock cruise control" at the slightest grievance would be appreciated on the forum, please.

At the very worst it'll be a harmless mistake or misinterpretation. It's a post of a news report, not someone claiming an essay as their own work or anything.
I'll refer the honourable gentleman to my previous statement (and I'll not make any further comment on it).

Anyway, lovely day for commissioning a ship!

Dahedd

Post by Dahedd »

Didn't even bother trying to watch it on the Beeb, streamed it from the RN FB page. Terrific ceremony. Great performance from the crew. Loved the cake.

Noticed a few US personnel in the ship's crew (2 women in blue amongst the second last group to leave, USCG ? ) & at least 1 high ranking member from both USN & USMC in the audience.

QEC Eye in the SKY
United Kingdom

Dahedd wrote:Didn't even bother trying to watch it on the Beeb, streamed it from the RN FB page. Terrific ceremony. Great performance from the crew. Loved the cake.

Noticed a few US personnel in the ship's crew (2 women in blue amongst the second last group to leave, USCG ? ) & at least 1 high ranking member from both USN & USMC in the audience.
I missed that. Do you have any pictures?

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

No rust. :clap:

The Queen arrived in Portsmouth by train, arriving at Portsmouth Harbour station. There, she travelled by royal car into HMNB Portsmouth and arrived at Princess Royal Jetty. A temporary passenger lift had been installed on the jetty to elevate the 91 year old monarch up to the hangar deck lift level.

Engraved steel plates bearing the names of the thousands of contractors, civil servants and forces personnel who helped build HMS Queen Elizabeth have been mounted on the forward hangar doors.

Wrekin1410

Post by Wrekin1410 »

Dahedd wrote:Didn't even bother trying to watch it on the Beeb, streamed it from the RN FB page. Terrific ceremony. Great performance from the crew. Loved the cake.

Pretty sure I picked up at least one French naval officer in the seated section as well.

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

(BMT Reality Studios)
We are very proud to finally show off our work using the BMT ENGAGE training platform to support BAE Systems and the Royal Navy. This training solution trained staff in a virtual version of the QEC carrier before she came into Portsmouth earlier this year. Trainees were able to explore the aircraft carrier and familiarise themselves with the 8 deck layouts and practice safety evacuations in the event of an emergency.

The ENGAGE platform allows for scenarios to be undertaken which fully immerse the trainee in very realistic situations such as fire, smoke, flooding and power outage situations. The platform also fully supports VR (Virtual Reality) hardware for that added immersion and extra sense of spatial awareness it can bring. Training data captured on this project was output to various learning management systems to ensure all trainees had completed their basic safety training.

For more details on this project and further information the ENGAGE platform please visit our website below for contact details.

http://www.bmtrealitystudios.com

SKB
England

Post by SKB »

Nameplate now in place. Note the Queen's Royal Standard also flew during her visit.

Dahedd

Post by Dahedd »

Sorry mate no. I was watching the RN feed on FB. Second last group of officers to leave had one lass in a blue US uniform at the front & another at the back. Not USN or USMC & unlikely I'd have thought to be USAF so I'm assuming Coast Guard given the blue dress uniforms.

QEC Eye in the SKY
United Kingdom

Dahedd wrote:
Sorry mate no. I was watching the RN feed on FB. Second last group of officers to leave had one lass in a blue US uniform at the front & another at the back. Not USN or USMC & unlikely I'd have thought to be USAF so I'm assuming Coast Guard given the blue dress uniforms.
Cheers. I'll have a look around to see if there's anything out there. I know that the French had their Admiral of the French fleet present, so USN and USMC - especially as we'll be working closely with them over the next few years towards full carrier capability - could conceivably be there.